Ford recall 1.8M trucks and SUV - 7.3L CPS!! **Main Discussion thread**

rotorholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got spare in today off ebay for $22.75 shipped, I paid $50.00 for the one in the truck here in CA delivered by a "friend". Install took like 15-20mins, Heading to Dallas next wednesday, wish me luck on my 1,500 mile drive back home......

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
I just happened to go in to the dealer ship frist time ever, to take my truck in cuz nobody else could do a aligment and i got my cam sensor changed, it was one of those recall ones, after 284K it got changed good thing huh.:innocent

legto67

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My check engine light will come on at idle and when it does the engine noise changes for just a moment. I can stand outside the truck and hear the slight change and know that the engine light came on. Then one day it just died at idle. I started it and it ran fine. Then I noticed that it would momentarily loose power. I took it to the dealer to have the CPS changed under the recal and it still does the same thing. Now I have to check to make sure the dealer actualy replaced the sensor.

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
Cam position sensor

Hey i just joined this forum so we'll see, don't know if you have been told this yet but the black sensor with the gold bracket is the wrong one! Ford motor company has dropped the price from $110 to just $20 for the newer sensor which is grey with a silver bracket, hope you already know this but if not it should help you. Let me know how everything goes and good luck.

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
Hi im new to the forums and was wondering whta the CPS is?

use the search button for every thought and question you have, and as i see you have just joined so you have lots and lots of reading ahead of you. most if not all your questions have already been answered here with out drama or b.s.

happy reading!;tu

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
Hi im new to the forums and was wondering whta the CPS is?

cam position sensor, start searchin now and you can spend a month or two just searchin and readin, trust me , i did and still do, everything you want to know is on here happy readin and welcome:sweet

whiteduty

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Recall letter

I got a recall letter in the mail & they replaced mine over a year ago on the recall and it took less than an hour at the dealer when I went in for my appointment. I had not had any problems with mine. See the attached copy of the dealer recall letter.

Last edited:

spikeymikey77

spikeymikey
Reaction score
about the recall......

I got a recall letter in the mail & they replaced mine over a year ago on the recall and it took less than an hour at the dealer when I went in for my appointment. I had not had any problems with mine. See the attached copy of the dealer recall letter.

Hello ,:dunno i cant see what the recall is about ...........

if u can let me know what it's about...........

thanks.......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58