Question modded idm

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
took me about 20 minutes of working time, but really it took me about 2 hours because i had potato chips and a chopper magazine :D

the hardest part was getting the cover off (the flat aluminum sheet metal part). i found a small pocket screwdriver could start lifting it at a corner, and then i could just grab under it with a small flathead and pry away. i used a heat gun and got the seam toasty to soften up the sealer, it helped a little.

one thing i should add, the resistor you are replacing is VERY small, the pictures make it a more inviting procedure than it really is. a very small tipped soldering iron would be desired....i left mine at home and the one i have at work is rather large. i ended up using a small awl and heating cherry it with a torch, worked great but the small iron would have been much easier. also, a set of mini needle nose pliers, or tweezers is NECESSARY for holding the new resistor, damn thing is so small i must have dropped it 100 times before i got it right!

Last edited:

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
took me about 20 minutes of working time, but really it took me about 2 hours because i had potato chips and a chopper magazine :D

I sure hope you used an air hose to blow the crumbs outta the IDM before you put the cover back on. :eek::eek:

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
All good to know, I'm just wondering though, if potato chips are good for 50 horse, what about doritos-especially the hot ones? Not as much anti-corrosion protection, but they should make up for it with heat! Please respond quickly, as I'm headed to wally-world soon. Just wanna make sure I get the right ones. :tongue2

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
All good to know, I'm just wondering though, if potato chips are good for 50 horse, what about doritos-especially the hot ones? Not as much anti-corrosion protection, but they should make up for it with heat! Please respond quickly, as I'm headed to wally-world soon. Just wanna make sure I get the right ones. :tongue2

yes they will work, but if you plan on running BIO you need to get the "all natural" line of doritos for maximum environmental friendliness. :lmao

did we kill this thread yet? :dizzy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14