Moving along!

john griffin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMG_2321.JPG IMG_2323.JPG One side is done,but they are haveing trouble finding a rt side manifold.Instead of removeing the entire front clip,they remove only the plastic inners. Pretty trick lift setup too!IMG_2324.JPG

john griffin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks,she is no longer with us.The avitar(which I use on other sites too) is a kind of memorial,as silly as that may sound.Robin was my best friend,gave unconditional love for 12 years.She left last spring after a long period of diabetes.

edit) unlike most sibes,she was never in any kind of pen,our 30a have no fences and she was allowed total fredom,although I never saw her more than a few hundred feet from the house.If I was outside ,she would be close to me,no matter where I went.I never raised my voice or a hand to her,she always seemed to know what I wanted her to do.She spent most of her time in the house,but could leave whenever she wanted.

Last edited:

john griffin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it back from IH.Runs like a different truck!Its always on boost now,except at idle.Throttle responce is a night/day improvement.The best part is no exhaust leaks!The wicked wheel 2 whistles pretty good thru the K&N too. Today I managed to get it all torn down again putting in 04 lights and 6500k LED headlights.Also 2 80 watt led floods under the bumper.Right now its late and I'm tired,pics tomorrow.

john griffin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The UPS guy just dropped off the NEW LED headlights! These are 80w - 6500k as opposed to 60w - 5500k thats in there nowIMG_2326.JPG .The old ones will go in the wifes grand cherokee.The new ones will be a silver-white w/ a blue cast.The old ones were really white but scattered at anything over 100'.

john griffin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I got the lights switched,and finished the mirror upgrade. When I was doing the bulb swapI decided that I was tired of getting my arm all tore up reaching down behind an airbox that I dont even use! I pulled the batt tray/air box and after some serious trimming I now have a battery tray and a lot more room under the hood. In the pic,you can see how much I trimmed and scrapped.The driveing lights wont fit w/o trimming the grille and I'm not doing that. I dug out some smaller35w - 6500k floods that I had for loading lights in the horse trailer,they fit in the bumper perfectlybut that has to wait untill tomorrow.Ive been out here 8 hrs today and its 90 degrees so now I'm in the ac and gonna stay there!IMG_2328.JPGIMG_2329.JPGIMG_2330.JPG

IMG_2331.JPG

john griffin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spent the better part of saturday and today tearing out all the auxillary circuts that I have added over the yearsThe fuel tank pump,air ride compressor,rear plow lights,all that ran down the frame to the reay w/o being in conduit,Add to that the fact that the compressor wires were undersized and got pretty warm!When I removed the airbox I just couldnt stand the gagle of inline fuse holders on the left battery either,so its all gone .I got a six circut fuse block that is rated at 100a and a 4 gang lighted rocker switch panel that are rated at 20a ea.All new oversized (for each application) wireing in split poly loomfrom end to end.I added 2 extra wires to the rear as well.The rocker switch panel will be in the removeable fuse cover below the steering wheel.I got the left side batt back inand couldnt resist turning the lights on.There is an astounding difference between 6000k and 6500k spectrums.Anyway,I only took one pic of the under dash terminal.The wire loom hanging down on the brake pedal will be cinched up when everything is terminated. Took a break this afternoon and went rideing with nancy and the nieghbors too!IMG_2336.JPGIMG_2332.JPG

IMG_2335.JPG

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58