ordering a transmission cooler

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We'll have to keep each other posted once it REALLY gets hot down here.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Here's a quick question on the installation of the hose lines to the transmission,which fittings do I need to obtain to install onto the transmission for the 3/8" hose lines?

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am glad to read this post. I need to upgrade my tranny cooler. Getting to hot for my confort even thought I have had it check to make sure everything is ok. Need to install new tranny guage think that is half of my problem.

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new hose that came with the cooler just slid right on my existing lines.

SyN PSD

Lubrication Addict!
Reaction score
I remember at one time on ebay the 6.0L coolers were priced from anywhere from 89.00 to 150.00. Now since many 7.3L owners have upgraded the price has doubled.... Im not paying 325.00 for any trans cooler. Here is a cooler that is for the V10. It is bigger then the stock 7.3L cooler and smaller then the 6.0L cooler. Many 7.3L owners have installed it, and have seen much lower temps. It is a direct replacement. I was thinking of this one... It's still not cheap. This company has many to chose from.

TRANSMISSION COOLER 03 04 FORD F SERIES SUPER DUTY OEM:eBay Motors (item 330240543351 end time Jun-24-09 09:10:25 PDT)

If I towed 24/7 -->Heavy Loads--I would anny up and invest in a 6.0L cooler. I'm just pulling our 34ft Jayco, which is right at 13K loaded.
Only a few hundred miles on mostly flat highway. So I feel I will be ok. Heck Fire who knows, $325 is nothing compard to 6K for a new trans and TC. That 6.0L cooler is cheap insurance I figure.

Last edited:

JRJ04

Reaction score
good point you have there, but the problem is that its not that much bigger than the stock one. And for the price...you just as well pony up and get the big one. I wonder if you could run that one and your stock one? I would think thats near the size of the 6.0.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I installed the gauge and sender yesterday:sweet

My initial temps on the highway was around 170-180 with ambient air temp of 90 degrees,does that sound about right for an 8,000lb truck?

I'm installing the cooler today but instead of hubbing it thru the radiator instead of most folks I'm going straight to the transmission thus why I'm seeking the correct size fitting/s so I can slip the 3/8" hose onto.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58