PTO idle up mod - 2003 Excursion

ScottK

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Anyone here done this on an 03 Excursion? I'm trying to find the correct wires to add in a switch but not having much luck. The white/light blue stripe wire by the OBD connector (wire 294) is easy to find, but I can not find, the light blue/yellow stripe (wire 322) behind the fusebox as specified in most online instructions. I did find other wires there, but not the right ones.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
ScottK look in my photos for my Fast idle switch. It is a Blue and White wire up by the parking brake pedal. It may be above the pedal. It is easy to miss. Took me a while to find. Once you see it, it is easy.

Dave

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
DaveBen said:
ScottK look in my photos for my Fast idle switch. It is a Blue and White wire up by the parking brake pedal. It may be above the pedal. It is easy to miss. Took me a while to find. Once you see it, it is easy.

Dave

Dave, are you sure it's blue and white?? All the instructsion say Blue with Yellow stripe??

I'm in the process of installing the mod. I found the white with blue power wire pretty easily, but was planning on cutting back the plastic sheathing around the middle bundle of wires on the fire wall to check for the blue/yellow stripe wire.

ScottK

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
DaveBen said:

Dave

Dave,
I have a funny feeling it's somehow different on an Excursion. I assumed the same setup and could not find the wire I needed by the parking brake harness. I found the wire by the OBD connector very easily. I actually looked for a good while, but no luck, didn't feel like cutting into the harness to see what was inside. I read on another forum of using a solid orange wire?

Thanks for the replies, just need help!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I may be wrong on the color. DON'T CUT THE HARNESS. It is not buried in the harness, but it is out for hooking up to whatever you want. I don't know about the Excursions, I thought they were the same.

Dave:cowboy:

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
DaveBen said:
DON'T CUT THE HARNESS.

Was this directed at my comment about cutting the sheathing? I was just thinking of cutting back the plastic flex tubing around the wires about an inch to get better access to the wires. Others have told me via PM that the wire is on Excursions, too, so it's just a matter of finding it. :dunno

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
ScottK said:
Dave,
I have a funny feeling it's somehow different on an Excursion. I assumed the same setup and could not find the wire I needed by the parking brake harness. I found the wire by the OBD connector very easily. I actually looked for a good while, but no luck, didn't feel like cutting into the harness to see what was inside. I read on another forum of using a solid orange wire?

Thanks for the replies, just need help!

Scott, if you have any luck let me know, especially if it's a different wire. It's cold as anything lately up here in New England so I haven't been out to work on it for a few days. Ron (rgdillon) said he new a guy from NOVAPS that did it in his X, just couldn't remember who. It did work, though.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
My AIC came off an X but I didn't see where he had it hooked up:sorry I had to hard wire it into mine also. Bryan

Reaction score
TexasExcursion said:
Scott, if you have any luck let me know, especially if it's a different wire. It's cold as anything lately up here in New England so I haven't been out to work on it for a few days. Ron (rgdillon) said he new a guy from NOVAPS that did it in his X, just couldn't remember who. It did work, though.

Hey Bruce -

I have two PDF files that I want you to look at. Do you have an email address that I can send them to you?
They may help us track this down.

Ron

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
rgdillon said:
Hey Bruce -

I have two PDF files that I want you to look at. Do you have an email address that I can send them to you?
They may help us track this down.

Ron

Just PM'd you. Thanks :thumbs

whatabudro said:
My AIC came off an X but I didn't see where he had it hooked up:sorry I had to hard wire it into mine also. Bryan

Hey Bryan, we're not using the AIC as you're referring to. We're trying to give the PTO wire from the PCM power so it'll think the "PTO" wants the idle up at 1200. Shortcut around paying for a real AIC. Dubbed the Skweeker mod.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58