PTO idle up mod - 2003 Excursion

ScottK

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Maybe I didn't mean to say "AIC mod", but idle up PTO mod?
Did the Excursion have a PTO option at all? Since the X is a brother to the F250, there must be a way........
I won't have time to look for any wires during the week, maybe this coming Saturday.

I'm keeping my hopes up this is still doable!

TexEx I sure would love to know what's in those PDF's!

Last edited:

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
ScottK said:
Did the Excursion have a PTO option at all? Since the X is a brother to the F250, there must be a way........
I won't have time to look for any wires during the week, maybe this coming Saturday.

Ron just sent them to me, once they come in I'll send them to ya (PM me with your email address). Ron's been good enough to help me figure it out; if and when we do, I'll surely post up and let you know.

The whole AIC deal is confusing; from what I understand, only the 2003 and 2004 models with the 6.0 can do the "mod", all others have to actually purchase the AIC device and hook it up.

If mother nature cooperates I'll be out tomorrow up under the dash...-popcorn

Reaction score
ScottK said:

What I sent Bruce was simply some files from CLICK HERE

As I already had them - it was just easier for me to send them instead of telling him what to look for.

Anyway - on this site is the information that the AIC MOD was pulled from. All of the information is here - and of course it does not mention and excursion - but you have to figure it's the same I guess.

On thing that caught my eye is that on one of the PDF's it makes mention of customer wires at the rear of the truck - complete with the PTO access wire with the same color code as what is under the dash. So figures to say that if the wire is there in the rear then it should be in the front also. Then again - if it still can't be found up front - then maybe the rear wire can be run back to the front. The pass through wires are listed as being there so it should be as simply as connecting two wires in the rear and grabbing the same wire from under the dash.

Anyway - :dunno

Ron

ScottK

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a hack for this? I've been all through the Body builder files with no luck. If the X had no option for PTO, then there may be no option for the high idle mod.

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
ScottK said:
Anyone have a hack for this? I've been all through the Body builder files with no luck. If the X had no option for PTO, then there may be no option for the high idle mod.

The X doesn't have a PTO option in the sense that you couldn't order it from the factory with a PTO. However, despite this fact I'm wondering if Ford used the same PCM hardware in the X as they did in the Super Duties. If so, then the X's have the wire.

ScottK

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
DVD

DaveBen said:
From what I can tell in the DVD, yes they are the same.

Dave

Hey Dave,
Thanks for the info. So to understand you, the PCM for the Excursion, E and F-series vehicles are the same unit according to the technical manual.

Does it have circuit (wire) 322 on the Excursion PCM? I believe the color code should be light blue/yellow stripe?

If so, let me at that pesky PCM! Maybe they didn't extend the wire to the location specified on the E & F-series.

Fingers crossed here.....
crossfingers.gif
...Scott

UH, where is my PCM located? :dunno

ScottK

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Been posting on TDS on this as someone over there asked. Just had a reply that the X has no PTO options, but if a wire is ran to the PCM, it will work like a charm. I just wonder if I'll have to add it to the harness and connector or if the wire is hidden there....lurking.....

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
ScottK said:
Been posting on TDS on this as someone over there asked. Just had a reply that the X has no PTO options, but if a wire is ran to the PCM, it will work like a charm. I just wonder if I'll have to add it to the harness and connector or if the wire is hidden there....lurking.....

Ooooh, that sucks. I'll do this mod if the wire is there, but I'm not willing to start fooling with running wires into the PCM. That bad boy is $700 plus installation, which takes awhile to install and program it.

BTW, the PCM is between the drivers side battery and the fender. The plastic battery cover is concealing the PCM. Pull out that battery and you can see it and the wires (just replaced both batteries). I did see a blue w/yellow striped wire while replacing batteries, but didn't have time to investigate it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14