Said goodbye to our first family pet today.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I knew the day was coming, but I wasn't prepared for it. Our 3.5yo Jack Russel Terrior (Copper Jack) was put to sleep today.

He had mast cell cancer and we already had one tumor removed about 3 months ago. On a scale of 1 to 10, his was about a 8 and it came back with a vengence the second time around.

He was losing his energy and you could tell he just didn't feel good. So we made the tough decision this morning to stop his suffering. My 9yo daughter took it the hardest, but I am so proud of her today. She choose to go to the vet with me and we both held on to him and cried like babies during his last seconds.

We brought him back home and buried him under an Oak tree in the yard. Gonna plant some flowers around his grave later today.

The toughest part was seeing your child hurt like that. I remember the same feeling when I was kid and lost a sweet puppy named Tiger.

We will miss you Copper Jack.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
My condolances, I've been through that a couple of times. The last time was the worst. But I know the next time will be worse yet.
View attachment 9896

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sad to hear of your loss Bama.

The Wife and I know yer family pain.

It's been almost 2 years since we lost "ol' Burt". Our "Miss Becky" has filled the void, but DANG ! We still miss him. TIME.. has eased the hurt but our memories of him.. will Never fade.

Hang in Steven.. you and yer Daughter Did The Right Thing. NO living thing should be made to suffer.

Joe

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I am sorry to hear about the passing of Cooper Jack. My prayers go out to your family during this loss. God rest his sole.

Dave :sorry

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
RIP Cooper!

We are getting ready to sit down and watch Marley and Me in a few minutes.

acjjkamp

Blitz and Harley
Reaction score
so sorry to hear that.

we put our best friend of 13 years down two years ago. it was very hard, but he was suffering too. My youngest 13 at the time (besides me) took it the hardest ( I cried like a little girl).

since then it has taken 2 dogs to take his place....and still not filling the void.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our condolences, Steven. Been there and done that before. Four years ago we had to put our two little girls down at the same time because of health issue they were having. ( Red Long Haired Dachshunds, One was 14 and the other was 12.)
We both still miss them little toots a lot, but don't want another family pet tell after we stop our running around. I never did like leaving them in the RV while we were on a side trip, and we wouldn't leave them for over 4 or 5 hours at the most.
Hug your kids and let them know that ole Copper Jack is not hurting any more. Just us.
Doug

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim