Question What did you do to your truck today?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
The RECON LED 3rd. brakelight has a fake "chrome" painted base. The "chrome" was fading, so I took it off, taped it off, and painted the base to color match the med. wedgewood blue.

By the way, one of the LED's has started flickering. Is there a trick or treatment to fix this?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I certainly would put up with the flickering. You can't see it when you are driving.

Dave

Yep, you are right. It's only when you have a door open or the dome light is on. It just gets on my nerves that you pay 100 bucks for a product and it starts doing this.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I put on another coat of clear on one of the tow mirror covers.
I was running out of clear when I first painted it and it was looking dull.

And I finally figured out how to keep the RECON turn dignal lights in their place.:rant

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, you are right. It's only when you have a door open or the dome light is on. It just gets on my nerves that you pay 100 bucks for a product and it starts doing this.

FWIW guyz ? I've bought all my Recon LED stuff thru Stylintrucks.... and have had a couple of lights crap out, or flicker. I called Stylintrucks, they called Recon.. in a week or so.. I had a replacement.. FREE.

Recon won't talk to ya.. you have to go thru whoever you bought them from.

As an example ? I had one dually fender LED go south.. All I wanted was (1) replacement light. Went thru Stylin... Recon sent me a WHOLE new set of 4 ;tu. spares ?

Nice to know they'll purdy much Stand Behind their "Big Buck" stuff. But it's a "Hoop" thing.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Joe, I bought mine thru RECON about 1 1/2 years ago on a credit card.

Never really got a receipt except for the package slip (didn't save it, should have)

fgtex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found the leak on top of the engine...I hope. Just waiting on the o-rings to show up in the mail later this week!!

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14