Fuel Regulator Screen Cleaning ** Updated **

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
We need to get a write-up in the WIKI about cleaning the fuel regulator screen. I am no writer but I will start a set of instructions. Anyone have anything to add? Once we get them fine tuned I will add them over in the WIKI.

The regulator is on the right side(while leaning over engine, not sitting in drivers seat)of the fuel filter. Place several rags under and around it in case you drop anything it wont be lost forever in the valley. The regulator is secured with two 10 mm bolts. After removing the bolts gently pry the fuel regulator away from the fuel filter housing while making sure you don't drop the o-ring. You will see a small screen inside. Gently clean the screen. The material you get off the screen is from the injector o-rings. Reassemble making sure you get the o-ring properly seated.

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Crumm,

Start of with why you want to clean the screen and the gains of cleaning the screen. ;)

Mike

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Crumm said:
Ummmm because it is dirty? How about you come up with the opening line. ;)
Some folks have reported a loss in power and reduced fuel mileage. Cleaning the screen will gain your low end torque back and may (or not) improve mileage somewhat.

d.welch1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont forget that the two 10mm bolts are different lengths when you go to put them back in.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
How does this look?

Some folks have reported a loss in power and reduced fuel mileage from a dirty screen. Cleaning the screen will gain your low end torque back and may (or not) improve mileage somewhat.
The regulator is on the right side(while leaning over engine, not sitting in drivers seat)of the fuel filter. Place several rags under and around it in case you drop anything it wont be lost forever in the valley. The regulator is secured with two 10 mm bolts, the two 10mm bolts are different lengths when you go to put them back in. After removing the bolts gently pry the fuel regulator away from the fuel filter housing while making sure you don't drop the o-ring. You will see a small screen inside. Gently clean the screen. The material you get off the screen is from the injector o-rings. Reassemble making sure you get the o-ring properly seated.

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Makes me want to go "clean ma screen" right now :sorry

Nice nice write up Crumm.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58