Fuel Regulator Screen Cleaning ** Updated **

MADVAN

Few Loose Nuts
Reaction score
This statement of inj o-rings clogging the FPR screen is a complete fraud.
Yes o-ring for the spool valve.
What cloggs the screen was pumped into your tank, or grew in the tank (germ).
Can anyone explain how an o-ring (parts) can do this? Its impossible.

Bill

MADVAN

Few Loose Nuts
Reaction score
Rich

The only time you have to check spool valve is when you are having pressure problems. Otherwise no need to clean. Something big would have to get the valve stuck. Anything small will pass the valve then pass the check ball and rest in the area where fuel goes back to tank. There is a .020 restrictor to the return fuel chamber.

Bill

MADVAN

Few Loose Nuts
Reaction score
The screen is to keep dirt from clogging the return restrictor. If screen becomes clogged you cannot purge air out of the filter.

Bill

Zero

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I partially tore my o-ring while cleaning the screen. Tried to get one from Ford but have to order kit for about $75. I found a phsysical match at my local parts store but it is an A/C o-ring. Both are green, I don't know how long it will last. Anyone know?

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I imagine it should work just fine. Many guys repair leaking drain valves in the super duty's with o-rings from the local hardware store.

clem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crummy your right,I pulled my screen out yesterday and it was packed with black stuff and Q-tip fuzz.

HTRDLNC69

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi. new to the forum. read about this for a while, now going to do it. to get the fpr off the filter housing, this thread reads remove 2 10 mm bolts and pry the fpr off. what about the hard line from the fpr to the filter canister? I have a 95 f350 7.3. any suggestions? thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58