photos '01 Superduty for '96 OBS?

troutwest66

6.0- The Dark Side!
Reaction score
If it were me I would do the cross rail repairs first. Keep the foundation solid. Then I would keep eyes open for the doors of the same color as you find them. Get one here, one there until you have what you need. Should be direct bolt on, no painting and less money. Then do cab corners when you can or do them before the doors since those might affect cab integrity. If you really like your truck and it fits your needs then at least you know what you have. Your rig looks rally nice in the pictures. Getting it back in top shape doesn't appear too bad from what we can see. I realize pictures don't always show the details. Glad you passed on the OBS. Sounds like a bigger headache than what you have. On a 6.0 if the EGR is deleted and no tuner has been used then headstuds aren't really necessary. Tuners without headstuds seems to be the problem as long as the EGR and oil cooler are working properly or the EGR is gone. When I have the money EGR delete and a 4" exhaust are my only future mods. Then monitor the motor and drive.

Last edited:

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is another option...... next door (www.oilburners.net) we had a link to this website:

http://www.southern-truck.com/ford.html

They are all take-off OEM, and they seem to be more SD stuff than the 80-97 stuff. They have beds, doors and even the extended cab doors ready to go. They are in Michigan, North of Detroit......

They even have re-pop stuff, so if you want "new" metal, rather than OEM (OEM Take-Off would be my choice) they have it.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr