Question 02 7.3 trans/dp tuner/pcm mess up HELP!!

JRJ04

Reaction score
did he build the transmission to hold that chip? If Jody did not change any shift parameters, then there should be a pretty beefy valve body and TC in there to hold that power. Your shifts should be firm, and you should not feel any slipping.

Maybe try turning the power down? That's a pretty hot tune.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Update on my truck.....just got off the phone with him and he pulled the chip out of my truck....and it stop sending codes to the computer....but it was to late the transmission was already tore up again so he's rebuilding it again

I think I'd be sending that chip back to Jody for a more conventional tune...
at 140hp, you need a BTS or similar transmission..

you can slide by on a stocker with an Jody's 80 econo..
forewarning..
YouTube - ‪West Virginia Ninja‬‎
talkin' to Jody is like talkin' to that guy, difference is, Jody knows wtf he's talking about..

alvin12

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well my chip settings r 0-nostart 1-stock 2-80hp tow 3-80hp Eco 4-140hp extreme and it messed up on every setting the 1-2 valve r hanging and he said the truck is going into limp mode.....idk.... But it started driving right when he took the chip off the PCM???

dpantazis

Reaction score
d00d-

1. stop typing in gibersh. please use full words. the use of grammer is suggested and appreciated by most of us here. you might be surprised at how quickly and efficiently your problem/question gets answered and solved.

2. who is the 'he' you speaking of? it gets confusing reading this thread who the he and they are.

3. you REALLY REALLY REALLY need to understand what the chip and the programming are doing. so does your trans rebuilder. what is clear is that you dont fully understand and were lulled into a numbness by the bullycraps.

4. the trans guy might be thinking that making it better and tougher not realizing that jodys programs are ELECTRONICALLY controlling the trans. things like locking up the T/C earlier by the programming. i do not remember all the details on the whens and the hows but they are CUSTOM programs that are meant to play together within known parameters.

5. if you TALK to jody, and ask him for his advice and what to tell the rebuilder, you might find out the where the problem lies. i would suspect that the rebuilder is doing something like upping valve spring rates and changing orifice sizes to counteract the power that the trans can handle and not understand the parameters that jody's programs are operating under.

to eliminate any of that, consider having the rebuilder rebuild the trans, and get an upgraded valvebody from BTS. you give jody the details he needs for the programs, then get the program info from jody that needs to get relayed to brian and the valve body gets tuned to work with the programs. they have worked together over the years and know what works between the two of them.

YMMV

alvin12

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry about the post being hard to reead I've been typing on my iPhone so alot of my words are writen like I'm text messaging....because the phone changes the words to text messaging style so sorry I will clear up when I can get on the computer...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58