03 6.0L down

Max Power

Reaction score
They are claiming it is the Fuel Injection Control Module. They will have a new one tomorrow and I should have it back by the end of the day. I hope they are right because I have some long trips to make and it would be really inconvenient if it left me 1000 miles from home.

They claim if you tap it you can make the truck quit or run again.

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got mine back today. They said it was 3 versions behind on the Flashes. They brought it up to date. I must say, on the way back to my office, about 40 miles, I would have sworn they put a different engine in that thing. It was quieter and got better MPG! At one point, running just under 70mph I hit 22 mpg on the overhead. I used to only get about 15-16 if I was lucky on the highway. It mostly hung around 19.8 coming thru Atlanta.
So far so good, it seems to have been exorcised :sweet It is good to have it back again :thumbs
Hope yours has a good prognossis!

Max Power

Reaction score
They ended up changing the Fuel injection control module on the drivers side valve cover. Seems to be working good now but I only drove it 10 miles or so.

I think they also flashed it (forgot to ask) since it seems to be quieter now.

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back again!

Max Power said:
I'm glad to hear things are looking up. Hopefully I will happy again as well.
Wound up having to take it back to the Wednesday for the same romping isssue! :cussing: I asked them again this time to look at the FICM wiring harness issue. This time they did and they told me yesterday that they are replacing it! :sweet I should not be mad at the service tech's I guess, they are just doing what the Ford hotline tells them to do in these situations or they don't get paid. I am pretty confident that this was the extent of my problems. Especially based on this link I got off of forddoctorsdts page: http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/articles/article-05-11.htm

Last edited:

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Max Power said:
I put on about 2000 miles and truck is running strong!

Glad to hear they got you rollin' again! :drive 2000 miles since you just had it in!? WOW, that is some drivin'.

I am hoping I get the call today to go get it. I have alot to do this weekend. I am installing my 3 guage A-pilar ISSPRO guages! I also have to pull my TT to my house for some mods before our trip at the end of the month. I don't think the Ford Spec (Focus) they loaned me will get the TT out of the storage yard. I should not complain, at least they gave me something to drive -popcorn It's pretty bad when a Scion looks huge to you running down the road! :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64