04 Expedition Towing Mirrors.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may have asked this before, but... 1 more time:

Our neighbors bought a 24" Travel Trailer to pull with their 04 Expedition.

The OEM mirrors aren't suitable for towing (vision). He has tried 4-5 different Clap on, Strap on, Slide on, one size fits all mirrors. None are Worth a Dang.

My question to all of you is:

Are there Optional >Trailer Towing Mirrors< for an 04, F-150.. ?? If there are.. I'm thinking they would fit his Epedition.. cuz the Doors are the same.. or Are they ?

If the Doors Are the same, and If they Are available as a F-150 Ford Option.. Would anyone have a Ford Part Number??

He has tryed the local Ford dealer.. as exspected.. There are No optional mirrors for the 04 Expedion... And they Don't & Won't talk about interchanging Parts & Pieces.

TIA ?

Joe

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Joe....

Look at the doors, would a SuperDuty towing mirror mount up? I know on the vans they have a very similar mount.... I would not see them making that much of a difference.... that way they could use the same mirrors across the board.. and save money.....

If not... one of my neighbors just put towing mirrors on his cheby, they are aftermarket, and remind me of the SuperDuty towing mirrors like what is on your, and my trucks. He seems pleased with them....

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Joe....

Look at the doors, would a SuperDuty towing mirror mount up? I know on the vans they have a very similar mount.... I would not see them making that much of a difference.... that way they could use the same mirrors across the board.. and save money.....

**Kinda what I thought. The mirror to body.. mounting area shape looks VERY similar. we're guna look into that.

If not... one of my neighbors just put towing mirrors on his cheby, they are aftermarket, and remind me of the SuperDuty towing mirrors like what is on your, and my trucks. He seems pleased with them....

He's not opposed to aftermarket set-ups but.. there's some plastic "Expedition" trim.. on the bottom of the doors, that prevents any Clamps from hooking to the bottom METAL edges of the doors.... without Hack'n the plastic away. Not Cool.

Thanks Scott ;tu

Joe

**On Edit ? Tried that. Made a Wire Form/Template.. Close but No Cigar. Similar, but not even close to a match. SD doors and mirror hardware is bigger, in all dimensions... as compared.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg