04 f-250 with glass head lights?

resq229

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
my 2004 f-250 has the sealed beam headlights, can they be changed to the plastic style head lights? whats involved? how hard is it to convert?

Thanks

Nasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure

there is someone here knows better than I but, I'd bet that you would have to at least change the grill at the same time. There have been postings by others changing their headlights but mostly to the 05 and up style or to Harleys. Someone will be able to answer your question.

Be well!

resq229

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i don't know myself, the grill is seperate and the glass headlights have their own plastic bezels around them. thanks.

anyone else have info about converting the glass headlights
for the plastic assemblies? Thanks

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
I painted my grill and the frames white to match my truck color, will see if the paint stays. I was told that painting over the black will not work.
It sure changed the look of my truck. 05 units are a little bigger and deeper then the 04 and need modification to the frame. There is a post on this on this site

resq229

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i just want to replace the 04 glass headlights with the 04 plastic headlight assemblies, not looking to convert to a newer year style just want the plastic units.

i have seen 04 models with sealed glass square lights and also 04 models with the plastic light assemblies, mine has the glass square lights and i want the plastic lights. question is, will they just bolt in? or even work at all? Thanks

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im pretty sure its been done, and im certain i know the guy
whos done it....he has an XL and swapped the headlights and
turn signals (it doesnt require grill swapping).

ill pm you w/ some contact info, perhaps you can email him.

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
I think the 04 has the same point of assembly for both type. was ;ooking at my friends truck and the same 4 scews are located at the same position

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14