05-07 Grille upgrade on 99-03

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 05 grill will fit by itself if you trim it. Just over 1/2 inch needs to be cut accross the bottom. Google it, there some good descriptions on how to.

mike.germann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was cut to fit the mounts of my winch bumper. If ya want I can post or send you a pic. No chrome flaking or anything

mike.germann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I bought the truck with it done. I'll snap a couple pics and work my less-than-adequate computer skills magic to try and get them posted on here for ya.

:D :D

Ps. This just crossed my mind. It was also modified to fit with my winch, so it might be slightly different than I explained. Probably wont make a huge difference for when you go to install yours.

I'll run outside and take some pics for ya

mike.germann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So...I took a few pics. Unfortunately, i have too much goin on to see anything informative. My brush guard and winch were too much in the way.

The bottom corners of my grille are notched to accommodate my front bumper. However, the chrome bar on the bottom WAS cut in half, I hadn't really noticed til now.

That's an impressive write-up on the conversion.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So...I took a few pics. Unfortunately, i have too much goin on to see anything informative. My brush guard and winch were too much in the way.

The bottom corners of my grille are notched to accommodate my front bumper. However, the chrome bar on the bottom WAS cut in half, I hadn't really noticed til now.

That's an impressive write-up on the conversion.

Thanks for checkin that out;tu

I think I'm going to have to afford a hood before I can do this though. I was touching up the paint chips on my hood and I wound up losing another 3"x3" piece of paint. Why is it the hood paint is the one always to go first?!?! I'm thinking about going ahead and getting the cowl induction hood. I found one online and it shows one the same color as my truck...cost of product plus shipping will be about $500. I figured that to re-paint my stock hood will be about $300.

mike.germann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was at the drawing table for my truck's cosmetic makeover, I was in the market for a new hood. It was on my list of "things to get" but I spent money in other places and it didn't work out.

So far, out of the selection of hoods I searched for, this one was my favorite. Kind of expensive, but that wasn't a huge concern at the time because I had insurance money :)

Here's the link to the one I'm getting. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Keystone Restyling GHF-10473 - Keystone Restyling Twin Scoop Hoods - Overview - SummitRacing.com

WOULD LOOK AMAZING.

it's my next addition.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was at the drawing table for my truck's cosmetic makeover, I was in the market for a new hood. It was on my list of "things to get" but I spent money in other places and it didn't work out.

So far, out of the selection of hoods I searched for, this one was my favorite. Kind of expensive, but that wasn't a huge concern at the time because I had insurance money :)

Here's the link to the one I'm getting. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Keystone Restyling GHF-10473 - Keystone Restyling Twin Scoop Hoods - Overview - SummitRacing.com

WOULD LOOK AMAZING.

it's my next addition.

Pretty swooft. I like the fact that it tells what condition the hood comes in. Is there a way (I know there is...but how) to paint something like this at home...without a paint booth and all the fancy/pro painting gadgets??

Oh...I got one of those "list of things to get too". The thing grows faster than it shrinks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58