05-07 Grille upgrade on 99-03

mike.germann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty swooft. I like the fact that it tells what condition the hood comes in. Is there a way (I know there is...but how) to paint something like this at home...without a paint booth and all the fancy/pro painting gadgets??

Oh...I got one of those "list of things to get too". The thing grows faster than it shrinks.

You can turn any garage or shop into a home made paint booth. Put up some plastic to keep the dust out and the paint in. You have a white truck so I'm pretty sure it'd be an easy job if you got the paint code. You could rent a sprayer for pretty cheap.

Or just check around with your local body shops. If you bring in a new hood, it's the easiest job. It's brand new already, no body work involved. And they don't have to charge you to take it off so they can paint it.

Check with Maaco or some place similar. Having them paint a hood might be cheaper than buying stuff to make your shop into a home made booth.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can turn any garage or shop into a home made paint booth. Put up some plastic to keep the dust out and the paint in. You have a white truck so I'm pretty sure it'd be an easy job if you got the paint code. You could rent a sprayer for pretty cheap.

Or just check around with your local body shops. If you bring in a new hood, it's the easiest job. It's brand new already, no body work involved. And they don't have to charge you to take it off so they can paint it.

Check with Maaco or some place similar. Having them paint a hood might be cheaper than buying stuff to make your shop into a home made booth.

If I only had a garrage:rolleyes: I'll check them out...seen them mentioned on another forum so they must be alright. ;tu

mike.germann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maaco painted my truck :) They also did about 2 hours of body work. They added more metallic flake to the paint, at no cost. They did a pretty nice job for only $1500. Not bad for custom paint!

I can't speak for ALL the shops, but I gladly recommend the one here!

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maaco painted my truck :) They also did about 2 hours of body work. They added more metallic flake to the paint, at no cost. They did a pretty nice job for only $1500. Not bad for custom paint!

I can't speak for ALL the shops, but I gladly recommend the one here!

Wow....$1500!?!? Thats awesome. I just want mine BLACK....with rhino liner for the 2-tone around the bottom.

mike.germann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ps. YIKES on the shipping. no bueno.

search a salvage yard? I'm at them all the time. I'll keep my eye out for one and if I find it, I'll hit ya up and send it to ya! ***minus the $50 shipping costs!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ps. YIKES on the shipping. no bueno.

search a salvage yard? I'm at them all the time. I'll keep my eye out for one and if I find it, I'll hit ya up and send it to ya! ***minus the $50 shipping costs!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

They got the price changed now...42.somethin.

I did a list of all of JUST the performance upgrades and I figure up another $5200....so I'm gonna allow $7000. I eventually want to get it paid off...park it...buy another run-a-round truck...and just start fixing this one up.

Last edited:

mike.germann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's basically waht I did. I bought my truck in April with the idea of fixin it up. Ran my motorcycle around for a while while I saved up and then some punk vandalized it. So I used my savings and the insurance money to make 'er perty :D:D:D:D:D

Did all the body work myself, and saved almost $2500! Put that $$ into miscellaneous other parts, and the rest in savings for a rainy day!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58