'05 F-350 burned to the ground!!!

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Wholly Cow
glad to hear your ok.
what a shame for a new truck

any other idea beside a tbc fault?
the 7.3 had two big fat wires going to teh starter that chaffed onthe oil dipstick attach nut mine chaffed completey through and went SPARK and the truck shut off.
I may need to get under my 06 and check things out

damn shame to loose a rig.
most important is your not injured

DieselMonkey

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Had the truck 6 mos. and loved every minute of it. I would really like to get into another SD but once burned twice shy, ya know. There is just nothing out there that has the space of the SD Crew Cab or the feel. I know the D word has a great motor but I just don't like the truck. I am going to stew over this until the insurance company gives me a check, maybe by then I'll be ready to buy another. Damn shame for such a great truck to go like that.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
i prefer the 10 spd autoshift 1600 lbs of tq
he could go with a Dogde :eek: and get the max cab thing with no bed. it reminds me of an excursion with no rear top or a jeep scrambler, rember the mguys that would chop teh top off a stationwagon to make a pickup ....UGLY

Last edited:

rum4by5

Reaction score
damn shame, glad you were not hurt in all this. Hope you get another truck that you like

rock_doctor

Reaction score
This will be the third 6.0 PSD to catch fire that I have heard of... The first was attributed to the coolant overflowing and shorting the wiring harness that is mounted directly under it on the fender skirt. The second was attributed to leaking brake fluid on to the same wiring harness. The third was due to a bad pressure switch on the master cylinder. The diaphragm in the switch ruptures, shorts electrically and then ignites the brake fluid. In your case, I bet it was a wiring issue associated with the brake controller. Too bad the insurance company never gives you what it is worth. Make sure you file an incident report with the Transportation Safety Board. Your report may actually point to an unannounced problem and may save some bodies life. Because of hearing about the above three incidents I now carry two fire extinguishers in my Excursion.

mark

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
rock_doctor said:
The third was due to a bad pressure switch on the master cylinder. The diaphragm in the switch ruptures, shorts electrically and then ignites the brake fluid.
I have also heard about that problem. Could be the one since you got the "TBC" fault. Sorry to hear about your loss and glad to hear no one got hurt..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58