06' downpipe

janders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just under my truck checking out the exhaust system since I am getting ready to buy a new one, and I noticed that my downpipe is not pinched. Is that normal for a stock 06' exhaust downpipe. I thought one of the main reasons to upgrade was because of the downpipe and the muffler. I have a non-pinched 3.5 inch downpipe which is what I was considering buying with the system.

Strictly Diesel

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just to clarify...he 6.0L downpipes have not been "pinched" since 2004...but they are still 3". The aftermarket kits include either a 3.5" or 4" downpipe (3.5" fits much better).

janders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is the .5 inch make that much of a difference for the work required to install it as well as the price difference?

Strictly Diesel

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
janders said:
is the .5 inch make that much of a difference for the work required to install it as well as the price difference?
It's not huge...but it's not hard either. The cost of purchasing a downpipe by itself later is much worse than the difference in cost between purchasing a cat back and turbo back right off the bat.

janders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems to me just from being under the truck that the top of the downpipe would be really hard to get to. Are you able to get to the top of the downpipe from above it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14