'06 oil leak

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The mains rarely leak. There was a rash of rear main replacements a few years ago and 90% did not need to be replaced. Wait for a while.

Dave

Scot

;()
Reaction score
My last leak involved the blue turbo boots as I mentioned above. On the underside of the blue boot coming off the turbo there were cracks running the length of the boot. They said oil was coming out at that location pooling on the top of the motor and running down the back. Once it was there it appeared to be a leak on the bottom.

Crawl under your hood and take a good look at the blue boots. Bend em and twist em when you get under there, you may not notice the cracking if you don't. Also see if the top of the motor is wet w/ oil.

I gained a lot of power when this leak was found, since I was loosing turbo boost :eek: :D

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
On our 06 E350 with the 6.0, the bell housing from the motor to the trans is wet. The truck only has 500 and some odd miles on it. I am hoping assembly lube. I can't get the rear main to stop leaking on my 97 5.8 gasser. The crank has no grooves in it, but the seals won't take.

jamesb18cjdm

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Had my rear main replaced by the dealer and still leaks, now they're trying to blame the bellhousing leak on the Fumoto drain valve? I'm going to another dealer.

Scot

;()
Reaction score
Had my rear main replaced by the dealer and still leaks, now they're trying to blame the bellhousing leak on the Fumoto drain valve? I'm going to another dealer.

Run, Run, Run - Don't let them touch your truck again!!!!

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
more than likely its assembly lube...as said before a high percentage
of these leaks turned out to be nothing but assembly lube.

if you have leaky injectors itll show in an oil analysis test...change
your oil yourself and grab a sample itll go a long way to proving
what (if anything) is wrong w/ the truck.

i change my own oil, and i get an analysis of the oil @ every
oil change...doing it myself, AND getting the analysis is STILL
cheaper than having anyone else change the oil.

jamesb18cjdm

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Run, Run, Run - Don't let them touch your truck again!!!!
They won't be, last night I took a look under the truck and they've done a couple things very poorly. 1. Transmission fitting wasn't fully tightened 2. stripped out 4 bolts at the transmission cross member. 3. One incorrect bellhousing bolt and another that's not even a Ford bolt. These techs are the most incompetent i've ever seen, BTW if you're ever in central FL don't go to Ford of Clermont.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They won't be, last night I took a look under the truck and they've done a couple things very poorly. 1. Transmission fitting wasn't fully tightened 2. stripped out 4 bolts at the transmission cross member. 3. One incorrect bellhousing bolt and another that's not even a Ford bolt. These techs are the most incompetent i've ever seen, BTW if you're ever in central FL don't go to Ford of Clermont.

probably not the thing to do but on mine i sprayed the bell housing
down a little w/ some brake kleen...so that i could determine
if it was leaking or some kinda residual crud.

sure enough ive never seen any more traces of leaks @ the
bell housing.

and its a damm shame some techs dont take enough pride in their
work to keep track of the bolts they remove (so they can put 'em
ALL back...AND in the right locale)....blame the system though...its
the way theyre paid...(although they dont seem to realize they
never get paid on RE-DUEs....maybe thats why they find something
NEW wrong w/ the truck everytime it comes back)

anyway youll be a happier owner if you "get in touch w/ your
inner mechanic" and do the work yourself...even changing the oil,
gives an owner the chance to get under the truck and look for
leaks etc...not to mention youll save money doing it AND enjoy
the satisfaction of knowing youve done it, right the 1st time.

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more... I'd rather do the job right, or screw it up myself, because I know that the second time around it WILL be done correctly, and with care and attention to detail. Which that alone is more than I've seen in just about any shop...

jwaring

Jim
Reaction score

Forget that shop! I did the same as bushpilot and wiped mine down with brake cleaner, so far- it hasn't produced anymore drips. I'm learning to be patient with this truck because each time I've found something that I thought was a serious problem, it turned out to be "normal"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58