08 f-250 Being Delivered today!

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Hopefully I won't get the bug too bad to mod it, but one of my best friends works for Putco (they are the ones that make all that chrome stuff Bama... ) They build basically everything chrome that's out there accessory wise, but they typically just sell to companies like Westin, deezee, things like that.

Nonetheless, we get a fair amount of "samples" :thumbs

Let me be the first to say this, "You better not put any of that Putco plastic chrome crap on that new truck." That is one of the things I like about the color schemes on the FX4 package trucks. Chrome access. would not look good on those trucks. JMHO, and NO, I am not running a fever.:D

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bush, I opted to not get the slider as my 06 was broken into through that piece. Plus, if you get the powered slider, there is absolutely no room for a sub box behind the back seat.

didnt know they were getting in that way...makes sense 'bout
the powr-slider & the sub.

truth be known id love to have the rear powr-slider...ive got the
manual unit and because of that i might as well have a solid bit of
glass (since i never open it).

that BLACK truck is gonna look GREAT w/ a SOLID BLACK (tinted)
WINDOW @ the back !

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks again....And Stephen, I'm definitely not putting all that plastic chrome stuff on the truck, I just wanted to see what comment you'd make :tounge

The only chrome that will be on this one is the new wheels and possibly some step tubes. I think those may be black as well though. I suppose we'll see in the next couple of days. :sly

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I am going to take pictures today when the new wheels/tires are on it along with some OEM steps.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THAT is.... ONE NICE RIG.

It'll be interesting to watch it "Grow" as you do the Mods you have in mind.

Congratulations Rustinh1..Enjoy

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
nice looking
is that the stock high center high mounted third brake light? i never notived before but it looks like its an LED?

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;) Good eye, Powerboatr.

That is a Putco piece. I'm doing all leds in the cabin as well. I really like the longevity of the leds as well as their light emitting capabilities.

F350DRW1 - Powerwise I feel like it definitely has more off of the line. We'll see how it compares when loaded in about 10 days....I have to give it a little time to break in right...;)

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Your going to break it in in 10 days? It might be fully broken in at about 20k...maybe. Thats a good looking ride. Hope you have better luck than last truck, but I can't help but think the tech's soured that deal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58