'08 fender vents

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody installed the side vents on the fenders from an '08 onto an older SuperDuty? I would think that it would help evacuate a lot of heat out of the engine bay. Especially down here in Lower Alabama where I am. A few cuts with a pneumatic saw, a little clean up, and maybe moving some things around and mounting them elsewhere and you'd be done. Anybody????

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I have not done it, but I have seen several pics of trucks that have.

Some of them actually cut a hole in the fender too :eek:

Just my opinion, but I really don't like those vents.

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At first I didn't like them but they are starting to grow on me. I would just like to keep the engine bay a little cooler for just a few bucks and a little work. Yes, I would cut through the fender so they would be fully functional. I just think it would be a cheap, easy to do mod that would have some benefit. Do you happen to remember where you had seen the pics?

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, if they are that expensive it can definitely wait. There are other engine mods I would rather do first. It was just a thought. Ever since I first saw them I figured if I could get a pair and make them functional they would aid the cooling effect in the engine bay.

TEXF350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
if i did that .. i would tri to use like one side as like a air inlet to a air box of some sort .... cooler air ...:stir mmmmmmmmm i just would like to see that .... any one got any pics of that i looked but couldnt find any thing ...

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By virtue of where they are located and the effects of aerodynamics coming thru the grill you would be hard pressed to get any air into the vents. They are, by design, for helping air exit from the engine compartment.

TEXF350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i cant remeber who made it .. and i tried looking for it .. but ... there was a air box connected to the vent and every thing ... i think banks made it .. but that would be cool... but i dotn think we got enough room for that ... lol .. just thinking .

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
i too was interested in doing this. i had found in an mag article that RBP has them, and when you go to the web site, it does not show them....

bama, find those pix!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg