09 F350/450 vs 2000 F650

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
This is a serious question by the way :watchout

I have been looking at getting a new F350 or 450 pretty much compltetly loaded which comes out to $53,000 before TTL and that is retail. I just found a 2000 F650 for sale for $50,000 but i can talk him down.

-------

Here is the info on the truck:
2000 Ford F650 Pickup , 70,000 actual miles. 5.9L Cummins (not a dodge 5.9l) Allison transmission. Engine upgrades include: ATS Turbo upgrade, injectors, head studs, air intake, chips, methanol/water injection and an ATS transmission upgrade. Kenwood stereo w/amps and speakers and backup camera and toggle for trailer camera. Air bag rear suspension, air horn, hydraulic brakes. A new one will run over $100k.
Only used to pull sand toys to the Oregon dunes. Must go to make room for new motorhome. 503-804-7921 Located in Portland Oregon. (Tigard to be exact)
A real eye catcher! $50,000.00 I have more photos available.

--------

Image has been attached (only one i have right now). Would you get the F650 over the new F450? I plan on getting a Toyhauler RV so i will be towing with it. Is there anything i should know about? like... it is considered a commercial vehicle and i will be taxed more (dont know if that is true, just comming up with something for an example). I just emailed the guy asking for a VIN #, i want to see if my insurance company will even insure it (dont see why not). All comments (good, bad, etc) are welcome.

Everything is bigger in TX :thumbs
-Mike

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Well, if your pulling the weight to justify it, go for it. The vehicle is overkill as a pick-up. Don't get me wrong, its cool. My local IH dealer has a few trucks like this, and they are nice. If you need the biggest and baddest toy on the block, hard to beat something like this. But I can't imagine it being practical for everyday use. Just my .02

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
Thanks for the link Bush! There sure are a lot of volvos are there, are they cheap? I couldnt find any prices, i will keep looking though. Wouldnt i need a CDL to drive one?

The F650 is a little more practical then the Volvo's, it would still be driven every day and at least it has a bed. I dont mind being inconvienenced a little when driving everyday but i think the Volvo's would just be over the edge.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link Bush! There sure are a lot of volvos are there, are they cheap? I couldnt find any prices, i will keep looking though. Wouldnt i need a CDL to drive one?

The F650 is a little more practical then the Volvo's, it would still be driven every day and at least it has a bed. I dont mind being inconvienenced a little when driving everyday but i think the Volvo's would just be over the edge.

ive never seen that guy price a conversion over 40k...
the motors are stellar...TRIPLE oil filtration from the factory,
autoshifts, coolant filtered, auto-shifts.

others could verify but im told 500k+ mile tires are the norm.

get a unit in the 400k mile range (just getting broke in ;) and youll
be able to run it another 300k or so before you have to check the
top end !

i think i understand your way of thinking...and i TOO would want
more MARGIN of safety than i needed...it makes me nervous to see
some of the toter homes being pulled by 1 tons...theyre either over
the limit or too close for my comfort.

pick up the volvo...and have cash left for a daily driver

no cdl needed since its a "private coach" or RV (sleeping quarters,
port-a-potty & 'fridge)

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW ?.. I rode in a 07, 650 this passed week end (empty). As a Daily Driver.. ?? I don't know if my Back'n Butt could handle that "Ride", for very long. I did'nt exspect a very smooth ride but, WOW..:eek: :eek:

:dunno

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW ?.. I rode in a 07, 650 this passed week end (empty). As a Daily Driver.. ?? I don't know if my Back'n Butt could handle that "Ride", for very long. I did'nt exspect a very smooth ride but, WOW..:eek: :eek:

needs air ride seats huh ;)

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score

I would have a hard time believing a rough ride unless it had leaf sping suspension and a normal bench seat. Trucks built now ride like glass with air suspension and air ride seats.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the F-650 you would have to get a bumper pull RV/Toyhauler, because the bed is to high on the 650. About 58 in is as high as you can go with a truck bed. I was fueling up last week and a great looking F-650 pulls in to fuel up and he said it did ride ruff when not pulling his big trailer and he had the air ride, and a 325 hp Cat

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have a hard time believing a rough ride unless it had leaf sping suspension and a normal bench seat. Trucks built now ride like glass with air suspension and air ride seats.

It was'nt a ROUGH ride as much as it was STIFF. I only rode in it for about 40 miles. It had buckets, don't know about the suspension. I was thinking more on the Daily Driver asspect.

But.. A Guyz gota Git what a Guyz gota Git, to Tow what he wantsta Tow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14