1 ton ford vs ram

extrucker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
yeah, I've looked at doing a fummins implant on my 5.4 gasser, but by the time I bought all the stuff and paid a shop I trust to do it (not enough space or tools to do it myself) I'd be better off just buying another truck. I figured it'd cost 20Gs easy, since I'd need diesel parts from two other trucks to go into mine. If i had a diesel already, maybe, but if I had a diesel already, it'd be a non-issue.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know waht kind of HotShoting your doing but I run down the road a mo or so ago with a RV puller who had 310,000 on his 2011 F-350 SRW and was loving the truck.
I would stay away from the 6.4 2008 th 2010 for this kind of work. I don't think you can beat the 5 or 6 speed Ford Auto. Good Luck finding what you need to do the job.
Doug

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you going to be pulling a trailer or just what you can carry in the bed of the truck. I bet the snow is deep at your house tonight.
Doug

extrucker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
right now just what I can put in the bed I think (if the guy I'm runnin for ever actually calls me with any work!...). :innocent :dunnoThinking ahead, I'm looking at a g-neck (thus, a diesel).
and snow-wise, there's maybe a half inch on the grass here & there, roads are good. I'm south tip of the state though.

Wingdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These all sound like very ford bias opinions. I had a power stroke a few years back and made the switch to a Cummins. Granted i did prefer the interior of my 03 PS to my 06 Ram, it was the engine that made me go that route. You just can't beat an inline 6 for pulling power and fuel economy, so if thats what you want maybe a ram is for you. The newer 2010 Ram 4th gens have much nicer interiors in them than my 06 3rd gen and i hear that the new 6.7 cummins pulls like a bear even stock. I know my 06 5.9 cummins pulls great with my bully dog but I do have an 05 5.9 too and its stock all the way through with a 6 speed standard, and its no slouch either with GVW of 25,000lbs . If you want some some more "Cummins" opinions head over to Cumminsforum.com and ask some more question.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
This is called Super Duty Diesel for a very good reason. It is a FORD forum, just like Cumminsforum is for Dodge and Cummins. You won't see me taunting Cumminsforum members, as you are.

Dave

Wingdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was not taunting, but simply giving an opinion based on the Cummins engine. If you can read I did not bash PS at all, I actually had good things to say. The OP asked for opinions on Cummins also, and its hard to get that on SDD. So then I put it out there that he should get some more opinions on cumminsforum for any other cummins questions. I'm not on this site for "taunting", and nowhere does it say a ram owner can't be on here, so please don't get your panties bunched up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58