Question 10,000lb GVWR Pkg.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My f350 had a commercial tag and was privitly owned and not used in work at all, when I move the tag to the new truck F250. I am still under the commercial tag law. Why I have no clue. I can only think because the truck has a 10k sticker on it. Now for the law. If your truck has a company name and by the feds. laws says it should if used in a commercial bisness. The name of the company should be on the door with a DOT number. I do shop work for a company here that has about 225 F350 truck. They tow bobcats and other thing for there work and everone of there driver got busted by DOT in all the states about two years ago. Company had to pay the tickets and to have there drive get CDL. I dont get worked up about it I still have my CDL. But it's a pain in the happy place.

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's an example of the Cali BS:

In 1991 I bought a new F-350, and an 11' Lance camper.. as a Packaged deal. Sooo.. I was able to register it, as a "House Car" (their jargon). No weight fees.

But I had to go to the DMV and sign an Affidavit.. That I fully understood that IF I removed the camper.. I would [Immediately] have to Re-register the 350 as a Commercial vehicle, and pay the fees.

In 97 I sold the camper and bought a 5th wheel.. had to do the above.

You can install a >Shell< out here too, and do the same thing... No weight fees. But there is a Restrictive list.. of what you can carry in it.

:rant:rant

It's the "Principle" of the crap.. that burns me.

Taxation, with out due cause ??? Or, can you say: Extrortion ??

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The more I'm glad I don't live in California. Last time I registered my truck it cost me $245 to register for 2 years. No commercial registration required or emissions inspection. The truck wasn't even in the state when I registered it and they had no problems with that.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a fun one and has nothing to do with trucks but stupid laws.

Here in Tampa it's against the law to tie your elephant to a parking meter on Sundays. WELL first of all parking meters don't work on Sundays so who cares, and who in the hell is going to leave there elephant at a parking meter. :sly I don't leave mine there I put him in the parking garage. Thats all we need here now elephant jacking. :dunno

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14