Help Needed $1000 to Improve Towing!

early 99 stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fuel makes the air..that is correct but.. timing is a big part of useing the air the fuel made ... it is some thing the off the shelf chip doesnt take care of..thats why cutom tuning blows less black smoke at higher HP...the cheap chip just fools the ICP into dumping more fuel witch does give you more power..but a lot more black smoke...and higher EGT's...

Last edited:

dmd

Reaction score
Even with the over boost eliminator list in my sig I get SES, it isnt the boost that
sets it when you add the boost fooler. What sets it is the low HP oil. With my setup
I would need a new HPOP to fix it, for now I just ignore it. Only happens when
pulling a big hill the the TT behind, wind the EGT to 1200 and the boost to 24 or so
and the SES will come right on. Check the code and it is low HP oil pressure.

BIG DUTY

F-250 Care Taker
Reaction score
Thanks for the respone guys. I think I may upgrade to a Tony Wildman chip and put on the ATS housing. These are things ive wanted to do for a while but budget would not allow. After installing these items ill test it out and see if it cures the problems. My EGT temps never go over 1000*, so ill probably wait on the exhaust upgrade. I still plan on getting a trans temp sensor.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Once you get the power stuff done look into some airbags in the rear. I also installed the helwig sway bars. The combination made a noticeable difference loaded and unloaded.

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would check on Summit Racing for exhaust also. I bought my 4", turbo back, mandrel bent, aluminized system for under $300. I'm in Lower Alabama so I went aluminized but, being from Michigan myself, I would recommend the stainless obviously. I'm very happy with it.

dmd

Reaction score
Thanks for the respone guys. I think I may upgrade to a Tony Wildman chip and put on the ATS housing. These are things ive wanted to do for a while but budget would not allow. After installing these items ill test it out and see if it cures the problems. My EGT temps never go over 1000*, so ill probably wait on the exhaust upgrade. I still plan on getting a trans temp sensor.

With the above you will have enough for the NAPA 6637 filter (check Filter1.com for a great price), and a muffler delete (just cut it out and
add a straight piece or a straight through muffler). These last two items
will really lower the EGT and you will feel the difference in power.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14