13mpg with mods... is that as good as it gets??

Joelude

New Superduty Owner!
Reaction score
Sounds to me that I am pretty average in mileage. I do tend to have a more heavy right foot... and it makes sense that the lift and tires are ruining it. But I still cant get over the fact that my buddy has almost the exact same setup... plus a second programmer and he is getting 18+! It doesn't make sense. Not to mention... I have never met a person with a more heavy right foot than him. Is a manual that much better than the autos?

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
Maybe a Programer would smooth off the millage problem. Sure changed my Engine noise and idling to. My Programer changed the MPG readings by 43%. at level 3 and 16% at level 2. so If you use the hic it will give you lower fuel flow reading for sure.
I to got a reading of 32 MPG but not true milage.
I Have a Hypertech E-Con and at first I tought it never helped millage, when driving
below 60MPH. But lately I have been driving at Higher speed then before and noticed no change in fuel Millage caused by speeds. In town the millage is very unpredictable, Because all the traffic lights and the weight of the truck. I can drive down the Highway at 65MPH and keep my millage as far as 24MPG, and all summer averaged 19MPG at every fillup. Before the programer I was getting good millage only when driving under 60MPH. and this milage was at best 16 MPG

For Canadians that is 23MPG now compared to 19MPG before at speeds above 55MPH. I am able to drive at higher speed now compare before the programer

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl