Help Needed 16 Inch Dually Tires

Jesse East

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I need to replace my Dually rear tires. I learned several years ago that the 255x85x16 would fit without interference between the tires.

Who makes this size in a street version---E-Rated? Anyone know?

Thanks, Jesse east

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking you are going to have trouble finding that size in a E-rated tire. I know Interco tire (aka super swamper), Cooper and BFG all make 255/85's but they are only D-rated. (8 ply) Personally I have never had any problems running D-rated tires on a SRW or DRW. Just my 2c

Last edited:

Jesse East

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Patrick

Thanks for the input. I did a little looking around and found two that are E-rated.

BF Goodrich has a T/A KM2 in the 255/85R/16 for around $200. This is an Off-Road tread, but others have used it On-Road. Its a little noisy.

TOYO has an Open Country M/T LT 255/85/85R16 for around $250. This tire was developed for On & Off-Road useage.

Cooper has a Road tire but it is D-Rated.

Im thinking I will go with the TOYO.

Jesse

Jeffro

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Good tires

I have ran Toyo tires for year with no problems. I use them on my company and personal vehicles. The Open Country and M-55 are great tires.

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jesse

I'm sure you would be happy with the Toyo's or BFG's since they are both good quality tires. I have never owned a set of Toyo's but have heard lots of good things about them, as for BFG's I have always had good luck with them. Cheers, Patrick.

Jesse East

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I went with the TOYO M-55 255/85/R16s. They fit with about a 0.7 inch gap between the duallys. I will have to keep an eye on them if I load her up---doesnt happen often. I put 70 psi in them, but could go to 80 if needed.

Jesse

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Toyo M-55's are all my brother and I will run anymore. I have 235's and he has 265's. He is on his second set and we are very happy with them, once you get past the price. :sweet

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the TOYO M-55 255/85/R16s. They fit with about a 0.7 inch gap between the duallys. I will have to keep an eye on them if I load her up---doesnt happen often. I put 70 psi in them, but could go to 80 if needed.

Jesse

Would it be possible for you to post a few pics? I'm going to do something with mine in the spring but I'm not 100% sure what. (6" Lift? 35's? etc.) I'm curious to see what yours looks like with the bigger boots. Thanks, P.

colotow

Just playin' in the sand
Reaction score
I haven't been on here for a while, no time BUT I ran a set of kelly AWR 255/85R16's, i got almost 50k out of them and I've been close to 20k loaded with a trailer. they were a D rated, but the weight ratings were higher than the stock junk general E's
Bad news is, kelly doesn't make them anymore

I have a 7.5" front spring/8" kelderman airride rear lift, and I just put a set of 305/85R16 buckshot mudders on mine. they fit the rims good, don't crown in the center too bad, they will fit with no spacers, but the tires rub just a little. I have 3" spacers right now, those are too wide, but I already had theem. I need to get some narrower ones, maybe 1.75-2". Buckshots are an E rated, over 3,000 per tire gross rating as duals, i'd run them before on a K2500 and liked them

so far, they come real close to but don't hit springs or fenders in the front when turning.

I need to figure out my new camera then I can post a pic, but it looks good!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg