1700 miles...

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
3 days, 1700 miles, WI to Wichita KS, day of school in between, 3 tanks of fuel, average MPG- 42.4 at 75+ mph :D

Drove through 150 miles of slush/ slop Saturday night too

Oh, and that wasn't with the SuperDuty :nudge

:tounge

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome home !

i had to check that THREE TIMES...i knew it wasnt
necessarily in the SD but DAMM wouldnt we all love
to have that mpg !

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
welcome home !

i had to check that THREE TIMES...i knew it wasnt
necessarily in the SD but DAMM wouldnt we all love
to have that mpg !

Some of us do. You gotta love these little VWs. Our first road trip was from Seattle to LA. We stopped once for fuel.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Roy;

Better keep it tuned, because we are nipping at your heals with 37 mpg best in our 07 Focus ses.
:D

dpantazis

Reaction score
average MPG- 42.4 at 75+ mph :D

dang it roy! shut up already! you didn't get properly indoctrinated when the PO sold you that bug. you shouldn't be flapping your gums about what great mileage you get. the idea is we want no one else to discover dub luv and the joys of owning a tdi.

so i will start again: if anyone asks how good your bug is at gas mileage, the prepared and only acceptable answer is 'i get ok mileage' and tell them 32mpg. it helps if you put your hands in your pockets and look down at your shoes and mumble.

and when they ask if its tough to find fuel, you tell them yeah, and that you have to go to a truck stop all the way by the interstate. and that you have to dose it with anti-gell because any colder than 40, you can't drive it. and you can;t drive in the snow because its just plain dangerous.

and when they ask if its reliable, then pick your malady from known vw issues- bad ignition coil packs (i know that';s a gasser problem, but what do they know), bad window regulators, crappy brakes, gremlin electrical issues, etc...

get it now?

so study and practice stuff like the above. i will quiz you next week. if you pass, I will notarize you as a good little bundist and send you a certificate worthy of being framed and displayed. retests are possible, but keep in mind, on your 3rd failure of the quiz, we take your TDI away. I can take some of the heat off from the powers that be of you don't pass the first time. i know of one guy from waterford who didn't pass his 3rd test- it was really a sad day. nice guy, but really dumb. he cried and cried when we showed up to repo his car. he bawled so bad he wet his pants. it was really sad. good thing though, the guy who got his car is a great steward for tdi's. he is kinda oafy looking with crazy hair and thick glasses so most people avoid him.

dp

ps: my last tank 45mpg, winter fuel, 2/3 city, 1/3 hwy. don't tell no one- 'member , its a secret. i think you need more mods.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg