1700 miles...

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
average MPG- 42.4 at 75+ mph :D

dang it roy! shut up already! you didn't get properly indoctrinated when the PO sold you that bug. you shouldn't be flapping your gums about what great mileage you get. the idea is we want no one else to discover dub luv and the joys of owning a tdi.

so i will start again: if anyone asks how good your bug is at gas mileage, the prepared and only acceptable answer is 'i get ok mileage' and tell them 32mpg. it helps if you put your hands in your pockets and look down at your shoes and mumble.

and when they ask if its tough to find fuel, you tell them yeah, and that you have to go to a truck stop all the way by the interstate. and that you have to dose it with anti-gell because any colder than 40, you can't drive it. and you can;t drive in the snow because its just plain dangerous.

and when they ask if its reliable, then pick your malady from known vw issues- bad ignition coil packs (i know that';s a gasser problem, but what do they know), bad window regulators, crappy brakes, gremlin electrical issues, etc...

get it now?

so study and practice stuff like the above. i will quiz you next week. if you pass, I will notarize you as a good little bundist and send you a certificate worthy of being framed and displayed. retests are possible, but keep in mind, on your 3rd failure of the quiz, we take your TDI away. I can take some of the heat off from the powers that be of you don't pass the first time. i know of one guy from waterford who didn't pass his 3rd test- it was really a sad day. nice guy, but really dumb. he cried and cried when we showed up to repo his car. he bawled so bad he wet his pants. it was really sad. good thing though, the guy who got his car is a great steward for tdi's. he is kinda oafy looking with crazy hair and thick glasses so most people avoid him.

dp

ps: my last tank 45mpg, winter fuel, 2/3 city, 1/3 hwy. don't tell no one- 'member , its a secret. i think you need more mods.

i don't care who you are "that right there is funny"

did not know you had it in you dennis

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score

:roflmao:roflmao:roflmao

vba7b9d61ea.gif

dpantazis

Reaction score
dan- i surprise people sometimes. most know me as a tape on the glasses kind of geek. i was in the mood- you really don't want to know that i have been at work dealing with other people's stupidity AGAIN (PB if you are reading this, is there proper navy speak for this?) and was taking a break and catching up on old posts. btw: belated birthdays to royboy and red6ono.

bama- where did you find that pic- that's awesome.

i have been an all diesel household for a while now. having the TDI as a daily driver offsets the SD fuel consumption.

dp

Last edited:

dpantazis

Reaction score
rooster- not to hijack roy's thread but some info you minght be interested in.

my 85 golf, i would get 41-43 mpg. that is a 1.6 liter 4 banger with a bosch pump and mechincal lifters. 365K on the ticker.

my A4 jetta, 1.9 PD-TDI, pump duese TDI, (crazy cam actuated mechanical unit injectors hitting 3200 bar, thats 48,000psi) would get 45 average. 16.5 gallons max in the tank would give me a range of almost 700 miles.

my A5 with 1.9PD TDI, next generation is getting 42 lifetime average, 650 - 700 miles range. A5 vs A4 is heavier by a few hundred pounds but has electric servo assist PS and steering.

both figures are based on 75mph on the hightway.

dp

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14