1962 F350 6.0 Powerstroke

houseofdiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
UPDATE 4/13/10 Texas

Well that was a rough trip, but well worth it. So it ran well but I have some suspension issues to work out. We mounted the bags wrong and I need to drop them. It only takes 8 PSI for ride height so if I want to stiffen up the rear it jacks the rear way up in the air. For the front the spring rate is so high that there isn't enough downward load so the roll center seems way high. By dropping the bags in the rear down and cranking the coil stops all the way up in the front I think things will be much more under control. So I think the next event is Sac. Back to work and I'll see ya there. Sorry for no real pics on the paint. I sent it back as soon as we got home. He did he wrong color, got over spray everywhere, and didn't even paint the insides of the doors.

YouTube - 1962 F350 6.0 Powerstroke House of Diesel

Texas2010004.jpg

Texas2010007_0002.jpg

Texas2010006_0001.jpg

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The back bed looks like it came from a 1960 or older pickup. I don't think it matches the 1962 cab. :dunno

houseofdiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The back bed looks like it came from a 1960 or older pickup. I don't think it matches the 1962 cab. :dunno

I don't get it either and I haven't researched it at all. Some say they came that way some say no but since I've owned it I've seen quite a few from the same early 60's era and they are the same way. I don't really care for the other bed style from the 60's F250 4x4s anyways.

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
Well that was a rough trip, but well worth it. So it ran well but I have some suspension issues to work out. We mounted the bags wrong and I need to drop them. It only takes 8 PSI for ride height so if I want to stiffen up the rear it jacks the rear way up in the air. For the front the spring rate is so high that there isn't enough downward load so the roll center seems way high. By dropping the bags in the rear down and cranking the coil stops all the way up in the front I think things will be much more under control. So I think the next event is Sac. Back to work and I'll see ya there. Sorry for no real pics on the paint. I sent it back as soon as we got home. He did he wrong color, got over spray everywhere, and didn't even paint the insides of the doors.

YouTube - 1962 F350 6.0 Powerstroke House of Diesel

Texas2010004.jpg

Texas2010007_0002.jpg

Texas2010006_0001.jpg

Love seeing old iron tearing it up! Sorry about that paint job; did you have to go South of the border for that, or did you get it locally?

houseofdiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Love seeing old iron tearing it up! Sorry about that paint job; did you have to go South of the border for that, or did you get it locally?

lol That's a good one. I actually had an American Citizen do it. That's the sad part. The guy's always done a good job for me but somethings wrong. I don't know seem a lot of people are loosing it lately. I think he's just chasing his tail and bit off more than he can chew, but he'll make it right, I guaranty it.

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
lol That's a good one. I actually had an American Citizen do it. That's the sad part. The guy's always done a good job for me but somethings wrong. I don't know seem a lot of people are loosing it lately. I think he's just chasing his tail and bit off more than he can chew, but he'll make it right, I guaranty it.
I know what you mean about folks losing it, it's becoming epidemic. On a brighter note; good luck in Sac. My current 03' SD was a replacement for my old 69' F-250 crewcab that I customized and then rolled off a cliff (4-5 rolls). That old heavy metal saved me from getting squashed!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64