1962 F350 6.0 Powerstroke

houseofdiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Update 5/13/10

Well after trying to run her down the track at Texas I decided to cut the bag pedestals off and mount them under the axles so I could put serious pressure in the bags to stiffen up the rear to hopefully eliminate the body roll. We finished late so I didn't get a chance to double check the pressure in the front coilovers, so that'll be the first thing I do tonight. We'll get it aligned tomorrow morning and see if she's stable enough to run down the track, but if not we'll just dyno. Got some new tunes to try out so we'll see how close to 5 we can get with the stock turbo on before we put on the new one for Jefferson State Diesel Nationals July 10th and make a run for 6 plus with a single and no additives. I like it much better. I had a shop bend the 1/4" for me to keep everything as strong and clean as possible. And I was happy to cut out all my rookie welds too, and lay down some nice beads. So here are pics of the new setup.

THE OLD
RedLabelBuild51310001.jpg

THE NEW
RedLabelBuild51310002.jpg

RedLabelBuild51310014.jpg

RedLabelBuild51310016.jpg

RedLabelBuild51310020.jpg

RedLabelBuild51310021.jpg

houseofdiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Update 5/14/10

So got it all bolted up and so here's the pics of the different ride heights.

15 PSI
RedLabelBuild51410002.jpg

5 PSI
RedLabelBuild51410003.jpg

25 PSI
RedLabelBuild51410004.jpg

40 PSI
RedLabelBuild51410005.jpg

houseofdiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Update 5/15/10 new video

Well pretty disappointed with the new tunes. Lost over 20 HP and went down to 438 RWHP. She put down 450 something in Texas. I really would like to see what my Edge A2 with Platinum and Hot Unlock would do considering I'm running all of the same stuff I ran on the '05 and was putting up numbers from 490 to 513. Probably won't get a chance to though since I need to get the new 64mm Garret VGT direct replacement turbo on it and get to were I can run it down the track before the Jefferson State Diesel Nationals in July. Here are the pics and VIDEO.

YouTube - 1962 Ford F250 6.0 PowerStroke Dyno 438RWHP

RedLabelBuild515100032.jpg

RedLabelBuild51510005.jpg

RedLabelBuild51510003.jpg

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about 20hp. Sounds like you were on different dyno's and more than likely different weather conditions. They could be off more than that just on their correction factors.

houseofdiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about 20hp. Sounds like you were on different dyno's and more than likely different weather conditions. They could be off more than that just on their correction factors.

Nope. I went to Texas with the Jefferson State guys and the conditions were the same.

houseofdiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Update 6/29/10

Well finally am getting some bumpers on this thing for the pull season. Also upgrading to the Garret direct replacement 64MM VGT Turbo. Haven't got to take it out yet, but loading it up right after we put it on it's letting it fuel up a lot more. Took some picks of the BD Thruster, the OE 2003 Turbo, and the new direct replacement unit and I can't believe that little BD Turbo made 500 RWHP on my '05, man the put together some nice units. And unlike the other I hear about and have tried it had the least turbo lag when towing by far. This VGT unit on the other hand should be retarded on spool up. I can't wait for Redding next weekend. I took it up there Sunday so my buddies at Jefferson State can run some different tunes on the dyno to maximize the numbers. So the front bumper I made myself out of 3/16"s and the rear is a Road Armor that they had made for the '04 and newer F150's that I had to trim the ends of and open up the center under the tailgate to fit. I added some 1.5" .250 wall to the brackets, am going to add two gussets to the back side of the receiver in a V, and the receiver passes flush under the boxed rear crossmember to keep it from twisting when pulling the sled. As for the front bumper I like the Winch Ready Bumpers yet also like the OE bumpers, but need a steel bumper for sled weight plates. So i crossed the two designs. You can't really tell from the pic, but none of the plates are level/flat. The OE bumpers have a slope to them with a V section on each side of the license plate, so I sloped the face and created the twin side V's and cut and welded the center back flat for a winch. I'm a Warn only guy, but am a little tight right now on cash and got a Superwinch 12K that I'm picking up for $650. Brand new, can't beat that.

RedLabelBuild62910006.jpg

RedLabelBuild62910008.jpg

RedLabelBuild62910007.jpg

RedLabelBuild62910005.jpg

RedLabelBuild62910011.jpg

RedLabelBuild62910002.jpg

RedLabelBuild62910001.jpg

mark6403av

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't get it either and I haven't researched it at all. Some say they came that way some say no but since I've owned it I've seen quite a few from the same early 60's era and they are the same way. I don't really care for the other bed style from the 60's F250 4x4s anyways.

I had a 1964 4x4. Same bed was told by lot's of old timers from Ford. (back in the early 90's) That they had so many earlier body style beds, that they used them on the 4x4. Very nice work.

Last edited:

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know what you mean about folks losing it, it's becoming epidemic

I was floored to read others have seen this .. I work with a bunch of guys that went to hell in a hand basket ,, I can't bid a job and make $$ to accommodate there work ethics anymore

anyway I love this truck!! I liked it with the old paint also ,, kinda like a rat rod ,, nice work

houseofdiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Update 6/7/15

Finally got some time to work on it and take it out to the track at the Jefferson State Diesel rally in Redding California. Ran really good other than the temp sensor fouling up at 3/4 track and shutting it down. Still managed a 13.05 which means it's now a 12 second truck. We lowered it about 3-4" since last season and now laying into the throttle all the way down the track is fearless. I was surprised at how well it launched considering that I chewed the heck up out of the Nitto's testing the week leading up to the event. lol For the Sled Pulls managed a 275 pull for 1st place in the middle class. Weight is just 6500 lbs so I can add 1500 Lbs of weights to the front. Can't wait for Ponci's and some other event to see what she is capable of. So list of new mods are:

Diesel Site Ported HPOP
Fleece Cheetah Turbo

Loving this setup and can't wait to see the potential. Atlas is holding up nice to the power as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0J1skR18mM

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58