1997 7.3 f-350 4X4

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
That just dont add up................ If the fuse was good how was it shorted out when Ford found it............. and how the hell did a heater and fuse cost 1300 dollars?

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
You could be right, I think I misunderstood his 1300 to be 1300 from the tow into the dealers shop.

BubbaNtx

BubbaNtx
Reaction score
The Ecm other dealer took back, the original bill was 1900.00 we argured that down because was told that the fuel heater is sold as an assy. Not the 75.00 part by itself, had the part number for it when we got there. towing 175.00 plus clean injectors and then 10 hours labor trouble shooting. But when the have your truck and you need it what can you do? I know my 2004 6.0 will never see that stealership.. Just hope my help someone else with a simular problem Bubbentx

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
sounds like we need a website that allows people to post experiences with dealers and rate them on a scale.

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
I always just take it into the one here and ask them what will it cost to troubleshoot the problem and I think they can only charge you an hour (75$) and then I replace the part myself. and then I tell them to park it outside and I will replace the part myself.

BubbaNtx

BubbaNtx
Reaction score
Hey Clem your post states to unplug the fuel heater and Replace the fuse, We pulled the fuse to check checked good and Plugged it back in, would that blow the fuse or Blow the fuel heater? The #22 maxi fuse was the one they said had blown. 81.80 hour shop rate...Bubbantx

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
That would reblow the fuse if the heater was shorted out But ONLY if the heater was already shorted.

PSDfreak

Diesel-a-holic
Reaction score
What happends is that fuel heater element (looks like a circle made out of a coat hanger) brakes away from the plate that the fuel filter sits on. When it breaks away, if it touches the side of the fuel filter canister it will short, causing #22 to blow! If you plug a NEW fuse in with that element still touching the side of the bowl...POP! Lot of guys including myself have simply REMOVED the fuel heater all together. I have had mine out for over a year now with no ill effects and my truck has seen 2*F a few times...Glad your buddies truck is back up and running!

-Casey

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl