1K Clamp Mod

forumpete58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How would you rate this compared to the standard 10K mod? Both in performance as well as difficulty of installation?
Thanks!

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For performance...

I've only got last night & today on the new mod...but with the regular 10K mod, I couldn't spin out (except on gravel). With the clamp mod, I can do it soooo easy. On a 1 to 10 scale, I'd give the 10K mod a 3, and this other maybe a 6 or 7. Easily much better performance.

For installation, it's not really any harder, but, it's more of a permanent mod. You do have to cut some wires going to the ICP, where with the 10K you can just slide them into the connector. I was able to assemble and install the clamp mod in about 30 minutes, and I was in no hurry. I could do one again in probably 15-20.

forumpete58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont suppose you took pictures of your install by chance...i'm more of a visual guy so i like to see the install instead of just reading it.
Thanks!

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a resistor that tricks your computer into supplying higher-pressure fuel to the injectors...more pressure = more fuel = more power.

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My pictures didn't come out well...parts to small for my camera...basically you can just see the ICP sensor and a wire....not very telling.

Do you get it installed, too?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58