2000 7.3 Wont start

BubbaNtx

BubbaNtx
Reaction score
Thanks Guys it was the CPS overnighted it To my Dad He installed it Yesterday, "My Cousin is no Mechanic" but if you need tile andGranite work he is Great LOL Truck up and Running thanks for All your Input as Always I know i can find help Here. Thanks Scott

Reaction score
Good to hear, Scott!
Tell him to get one of the less expensive ones (I got mine on E-Bay) for a spare. You don't want to get caught, again, without one.:sweet

bungy74

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
hi, i am new here, and i am reading to learn more about these trucks. I was just wondering if someone could tell me what is a CPS ? and maybe some other abrievated common items you guys refer to.
thanks

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Cam Position Sensor. This tells your computer when to fire the injectors as well as a few other things. There is a Crankshaft Position Sensor that does some of the same things. They both are engine timing related. I think you are looking at the Cam sensor as most here also look for that.

Dave

bigdiesel99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dave you are right about the CPS but the 7.3 does use a crankshft sensor... the 6.0 has both cam and crank.. good to hear that the rig is back on the road....

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Thanks Big, I knew it was something like that. My old roommate had a CPS go south on his truck.

Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl