2000 f350 oil leak!

cylemik

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
hi im new to this
but i have a 2000 7.3 with a hypermax turbo i just did the o rings in the pedistal bc i have a massive oil leak now after replaceing i still have a leak coming from the same spott on the back on the engine between the starter and the pan. the valley is dry now after doing the o rings, what should start to check now? it only leaks when the truck is running some times a constant drip and other times just drip. please help me!!:hail
thanks
Cyle

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
clean the whole thing spotless with engine degreaser.. then add an ultraviolet dye to the oil.. run it for a while then use a black light to chase the leak back to the source..

Guinness

superdudiest
Reaction score
Sounds like dipstick bung on the oil pan, I just fixed this on mine with rtv by baking the nut off and carefully gooping it around the bung retighten the nut and wipe off excessthere is a more permanent repair if you replace the oring inside the pan but its a lot more difficult,

wilsonbaird

wilsonbaird
Reaction score
Sounds like dipstick bung on the oil pan, I just fixed this on mine with rtv by baking the nut off and carefully gooping it around the bung retighten the nut and wipe off excessthere is a more permanent repair if you replace the oring inside the pan but its a lot more difficult,

Yap, I had also a leak there on mine truck too, and I also locked that big nut.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58