2000 p./s rough running

puma

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2000 p/s just started running rough. check engine lite is on.
DTC codes are 1278 hi to low side open and 1316 injector circut IDM codes dectected. Any ideas?
thanks guys

Glassdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your under valve cover wiring harness. They have a tendency to come loose. I'm dealing with the same problem. I hear Ford as clips to help them stay together or you can get an upgraded harness. Ford charges a pretty penny for the harness so I'm going to try an International dealer.

Mike

dMerre89

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Mines doin the same thing, but only when its warm? What could this be? Injectors? Im gettin it checked by a programmer monday. CEL is also coming on when warm.

bonestroker

stroke it if you got it
Reaction score
mine was doing the same thing I got the clips and if fixed the prob. I took the VC off to do this plus you only get 3 clips

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
bonestroker said:
mine was doing the same thing I got the clips and if fixed the prob. I took the VC off to do this plus you only get 3 clips

You only need 2. One's a spare.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
someone correct me if i am wrong, but wasn't there a TSB for this problem...or am i thinking of a similar situation.

2000SuperStroker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
mine did the same thing only 2 idm's, 1 pcm, 1 vc harness, and one new injector latter the problem was solved. If it isn't the vc harness I would do a injector buzz test and see if 8 is weak or not. If I would have put in a new injector in the first place, I would be a lot richer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl