2001 F250 7.3 Performance upgrade advice

Racinghcr

Racinghcr
Reaction score
95_Stroker: Great tips,and your advice will certainly get me on the road with a more fuel efficient,better performing 7.3 PSD!! Thanks & Happy Hoildays

big bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
air & b air intake intake

hey guy, i have an s&b intake sys. on my 01 and than i moded it with a snokle and cut out the front fire wall and it does just great. when i start getting my speed up, than i can start telling the difference, even more so when i get on it when passing. another thing u can do, is go to wally world and get u a bottle of 2 stroke mortor oil which will help with the lube of the injectors and help with ur milage just a tad. hope this will help u as i know it did me.:clap:sweet

Last edited:

dieselredneckva

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a old 7.3 that i use as a backup truck. It is a 2000 6spd. And i would recommended a AFE intake and a TS Performance 4position chip. That chip is kinda hard to install for someone who does not have a lot of technical experience but if you follow the directions step by step you would be fine. It is a night and day difference. It was like a new truck after that chip.

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a old 7.3 that i use as a backup truck. It is a 2000 6spd. And i would recommended a AFE intake and a TS Performance 4position chip. That chip is kinda hard to install for someone who does not have a lot of technical experience but if you follow the directions step by step you would be fine. It is a night and day difference. It was like a new truck after that chip.
I agree first time you do the chip it takes quite awhile but after you do it a couple of times you can do it in about 15 minutes.

Racinghcr

Racinghcr
Reaction score
Racinghcr-2001 F-350 PSD Supercab

hey guy, i have an s&b intake sys. on my 01 and than i moded it with a snokle and cut out the front fire wall and it does just great. when i start getting my speed up, than i can start telling the difference, even more so when i get on it when passing. another thing u can do, is go to wally world and get u a bottle of 2 stroke mortor oil which will help with the lube of the injectors and help with ur milage just a tad. hope this will help u as i know it did me.:clap:sweet

:clap:BigBear-Appreciate the tips on my 01 7.3 PSD! Just add the 2 stroke motor oil to the fuel on a fill up??

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:clap:BigBear-Appreciate the tips on my 01 7.3 PSD! Just add the 2 stroke motor oil to the fuel on a fill up??

Not to hyjack but.. 1 ounce of 2 cycle oil, per 1 gallon of diesel fuel is the mix ratio. Most of us are using the 2 cycle oil with TCW3 in it.. from WalMart.

Last edited:

Racinghcr

Racinghcr
Reaction score

Big Joe: I'm hooking up my 2001/350 /7.3L tomorrow to my 14K FIFTHWHEEL headed to Fla(1,200miles)-with my 38 Gal fuel tank full would you add the 2 stroke oil now? PS-just added a Ford aluminum rear gear cover to replace old rusty steel original-only $43.00 ,but the synthetic gear lube and friction modifier cost almost $80.00!! Looks good since I buffed it up! What is Zoodad??Thanks, Harry

Racinghcr

Racinghcr
Reaction score

Anyone have a good suggestions on anti-freeze /anti-bubble changes? I got about 80K on my 2001 7.3,and have added the Ford anti-bubble??? treatment every 20K. Still looks good ,never overheated,or been low on coolant----would you change now before my pull to Fla with 36 ft Fifthwheel? Any good way to drain all that Anti-freeze out safely? Should I be thinking about hose replacement at 80K--they all (original) look good everytime I clean & inspect them--guess it's always safe to change,but what's a good time? Thanks!!:sly

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big Joe: I'm hooking up my 2001/350 /7.3L tomorrow to my 14K FIFTHWHEEL headed to Fla(1,200miles)-with my 38 Gal fuel tank full would you add the 2 stroke oil now? PS-just added a Ford aluminum rear gear cover to replace old rusty steel original-only $43.00 ,but the synthetic gear lube and friction modifier cost almost $80.00!! Looks good since I buffed it up! What is Zoodad??Thanks, Harry

It's best to add the oil, then top off.. but if you added the oil now and hit the road.. the slosh'n would do the mix'n.

The Zoodad mod involves drill'n or cut'n holes in the radiator support/frame area directly in front of a stock intake inlet snorkle. Allows for an unristricted (more) air source.

Have safe trip ;tu

Racinghcr

Racinghcr
Reaction score

:)Big Joe,THanks again for the fuel (2 stroke oil) tip,I'll try it on our trip South! I guess I've already drilled out my fiberglass obstruction to my air snorkle ,and didn't know ZooDad was the "official" name for it!! Thanks for the safe trip wishes, Racinghcr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58