2002 7.3 Coolant Temp runs hot with load

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You didn't do wrong by putting that 6.0 cooler on your truck. You do have 3.73 gears and running 35 in tires, but that shouldn't be a big deal unless your toyhauler is real heavy. If your truck don't have a real heat gage I would put one on and try that before I did anything. It for sure will be worth installing a coolant filter.
Doug

mark6403av

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks again for every ones help. I have a few things to do to the truck. Thanks to all and in 2 weeks I'm on my way to Cal to go camping up the big hill. I'll let all know how the truck did if you don't here back it's because the heads blew off the truck and I'm camping on the side of the road LOL

Last edited:

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope you have a great camping trip and not beside the road somewhere. Let us know how it goes.
Doug

mark6403av

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got home. On the way the truck was getting warm again. I pulled over, and checked everything out. Found out the truck wasn't holding pressure. Replaced the cap with OEM. All is good. Thanks again to all.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Just got home. On the way the truck was getting warm again. I pulled over, and checked everything out. Found out the truck wasn't holding pressure. Replaced the cap with OEM. All is good. Thanks again to all.

Glad You got it worked out!!:clap:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58