2006 F250 6.0 milage ???

htg900

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I know there are some other topics on this but, just wanted some suggestions. I took truck in for service and they updated something in the computer every since my fuel mileage has dropped to 12-12.5 mpg. When I first got truck I got anywhere from 17-20mpg. complained to ford garage they said they can't do anything about it. Truck just had new oil cooler, EGR cooler, EGR valve and 2 new heads put on it and it didn't change still 12.5 mpg any suggestions on what to do?

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
...they updated something in the computer every since my fuel mileage has dropped to 12-12.5 mpg. When I first got truck I got anywhere from 17-20mpg.

Did you buy it new or used? If used, your truck could have been re-programmed by the previous owner, with or without your knowledge, with an after-market tuner. Or, did YOU re-program it? Chances are, the shop set it back to factory specs.

13-13.5 is pretty close to what I would expect it to do without any mods. I'm sure others will weigh-in on this as well....

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know there are some other topics on this but, just wanted some suggestions. I took truck in for service and they updated something in the computer every since my fuel mileage has dropped to 12-12.5 mpg. When I first got truck I got anywhere from 17-20mpg. complained to ford garage they said they can't do anything about it. Truck just had new oil cooler, EGR cooler, EGR valve and 2 new heads put on it and it didn't change still 12.5 mpg any suggestions on what to do?

Empty (stock) (9395 miles, just checked tonight) we are still getting 18.5 mpg at 70 mph. We still get 20-21 mpg at 60 mph. I would think that they might have flashed your computer and this change is what is causing your bad fuel mileage. You might have to go to a tuner or program to get your original mileage back. :watchout

bigbrother44

PSD or bust!
Reaction score
According to the fleet sales manager of a nearby Ford dealer, he owns a 2006 F250 he bought new. He first got about 15 to 16, but about a year ago they reflashed it, now he gets 18-20 on the highway. The service manager of the same dealership explained to him what happened and advised him to not let it be reflashed again!

jyoung

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have no modes yet and I get between 16 and 17 mpg mostly highway.

Hey Bigbrother44,
Can you find out what flash your buddy got for his truck, because when I talked to my dealer they told me that there wasn't a flash for my truck.
I'm curious to know if he was pulling my leg.

Thanks, Jeff

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
The E series is getting 6-10 mpg. I don't know why. 10,000 miles now should be getting better. There were times when it was 12 mpg, but now in the cold and winter blend it went in the crapper. I was really dissapointed today when I started checking the mpg for the past months.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain. My dealer did the same to me. I was looking though some old fuel tickets the other day and found some that showed I was getting 13.2 pulling the 5th wheel. I took it in for my free oil change and they reflashed it and now I do good to get 13 just driving around.
I was at the dealer Friday and ask if it could be put back to the way it was when it came from the factory, and he says they don't have the program to reflash it back. I don't know why they have to jack with our trucks when we take them in for service.

Sidc07

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I was getting 13.2 pulling the 5th wheel

WD40, how did you do so good on fuel mileage? I have an 07 6.0 F350 4x4 that gets 14 driving 65 on flat ground empty. If I hook up a trailer it drops to 11 empty and 8-9 loaded. I always try to drive 65 since that is where I get my best fuel mileage.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sid, I alway try to pull my trailer at 62 MPH and no fast starts. I have a bigger fifth wheel now and do good to get 9 to maybe 9.5 running 60 to 65.
Mine is not a 4x4 as your is, that may help me some.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58