2006 F250 6.0 milage ???

bigbrother44

PSD or bust!
Reaction score
Hey Bigbrother44,
Can you find out what flash your buddy got for his truck, because when I talked to my dealer they told me that there wasn't a flash for my truck.
I'm curious to know if he was pulling my leg.

Thanks, Jeff

Jeff-

I dunno what the flash was. His was an 06, but this was a casual conversation with a fleet sales manager while I was working with him on some cars for work. Wish I could help more. Maybe your truck has the latest flash, and his was an earlier one? He is an older guy, don't know how he drives...

Brad091703

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I get about 10-14 with the gooseneck. and 15-18 driving around. I could get better. But im alittle hard on it. mine is not an o6. but does have an update tune

walter.dreyer

Flashover
Reaction score
I was getting about 17-18 mpg with only an aftermarket exhaust, driving 70 mph. I've installed a banks sixgun and their intake kit. ahaven't had it long enough for an eval though. The thing that gets me is how are all these 6.0's getting 20 or more mpg. I had my tuner set on "3" and still was getting only 17 mpg. Now I'm trying setting "2" Setting "4" by the way would smoke the tires, but only 14 mpg. :)

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was getting about 17-18 mpg with only an aftermarket exhaust, driving 70 mph. I've installed a banks sixgun and their intake kit. ahaven't had it long enough for an eval though. The thing that gets me is how are all these 6.0's getting 20 or more mpg. I had my tuner set on "3" and still was getting only 17 mpg. Now I'm trying setting "2" Setting "4" by the way would smoke the tires, but only 14 mpg. :)

Drive like a grandpa, and keep it between 55-60 mph, turn on the cruise control and you should see over 20 mpg.

GO BIG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like I am in the same boat. I get about 15 around town 18 on a freeway cruise 70-80 and about 10 towing a 13000 lbs 5th wheel at about 55-65.

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score

I would put in lvl 6 or on Speed Loader (if you have it) that's where I've always gotten the best mileage with my 6gun, but of course you still have to keep your foot out of it for the better mileage. Mine rarely leaves the Speed Loader setting, and before I lifted the truck I'd get 21-22 MPG on the freeway at 70-75 MPH, after the lift and 38" tires I get 15-16 MPG (hand calculated) if I put the cruise on at 70-75;tu

06PSDROCK

Big Chief
Reaction score
htg900,
Have you had our truck in 4wd any time lately? The reason I ask, I have recently been experiencing some bad milage as well. My T-case was still in 4wd. I did not think too much of the milage because I just put on my new wheels and tires. I was under the truck the other day and the front driveshaft would not turn. It should turn freely in 2wd with no problems. I had to put the truck in and out of 4wd a couple of times to get it to come free and it turns freely now. I will have to drive a while to see if the milage is up again.

I have had no work done at the dealership so I do not have any flash problems.

I hope this helps.
Andy

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
....My T-case was still in 4wd. I did not think too much of the milage because I just put on my new wheels and tires. I was under the truck the other day and the front driveshaft would not turn. It should turn freely in 2wd with no problems. I had to put the truck in and out of 4wd a couple of times to get it to come free and it turns freely now. I will have to drive a while to see if the milage is up again.

YIKES!!! :eek: I wouldn't mention this to any Ford shops!

racerld

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2005 e-350 6.0 and I only get 13.8 stock, so I dont see where you guys are getting the milage figures

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58