Help Needed 2006 Superduty Questions -New owner..

nbookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he is very nice and the type of guy who can tell you the part number of every bolt on any ford for the past 30 years. he is "That Guy" :hail

he also will tell u what ford parts are junk and when to seek aftermarket help for better parts.

Choaner

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just an update on this.. It has become more and more evident that odometer has been changed with a King ranch or lariet cluster that has trip reset on dash panel and white guage faces.. Talked to dealer several times, he is trying to not be very helpful in the fact he tries to deny that this has happened - though its so obvious..

57,OOO miles and Balljoints and tierods shot, has remanned turbo on engine, brand new sway bar, horrible raod debris damage on front of truck and many many more things afetr digging into..

Called again and basically told dealer I do not buy anything he is trying to say and its clear fraud is involved - period... He asked I take truck there tomorrow and try to get me in another - He has another 06 6.0 in inventory I like, if not I will demand he take this one back or I will contact attorney general..

If I had not said before, carfax tells me dealer bought with these miles and I do not thinnk he was the fraud, however he still has a part in this and his continued dissmissal of all the signs makes me angry.. Will keep posted, thanks for all help.

nbookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as the title is clear and the dealer has a good rep to uphold your stand a chance. But used without a warranty will hold up in most courts as "as is". If it has a warranty that opens another can of worms the manufacture will want cleared as it a major liability for brand name and cost.

Wish you all the luck if all is not right.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
he is very nice and the type of guy who can tell you the part number of every bolt on any ford for the past 30 years. he is "That Guy" :hail

he also will tell u what ford parts are junk and when to seek aftermarket help for better parts.

Jedi mind trick..
first four digits of a Ford part is decade, year, make, model part was designed..
second set is actual part number.. (all MAP sensors have same #)..
third (suffix) is revision... left/right hand, they were aluminum, now they're plastic..

Choaner

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, All worked out really well! Drove home in a 2006 6.0 with only 43,000 "actual miles" much cleaner than the previous for less money! Though he was asking 3k more for than my first buy.. He seemed very willing to make me leave happy and I certainly did..

Truck is super clean, most everything looks and feels brand new and no paint work done almost perfect factory finish.. Bed does not even have scratches in paint hardly and tow hitch looks like it has never been used..

Dealer has completely redeemed himself with me at this point and though not admitting - you can tell he knew.. The word Fraud tends to scare some folks.. They even put 2 brand new batteries in being it needed a jump..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14