2006 superduty turbo problems

ashmass

Cajun in Alaska
Reaction score
I'm going to pull the turbo now, I'll let you know. Yesterday, after charging batts and warming up the truck, still no start. The engine oil is low, not showing on dipstick. I'm going to go over all fluids, fuses, etc and inspect the turbo now. The good news is that a ford dealer in Anchorage said that if i find the turbo damaged to send it to him and he will replace it under warranty. Beats sending in the whole truck, hard to get enough stamps on it.

ashmass

Cajun in Alaska
Reaction score
Got the turbo off, the bearings are done. It has a lot of slop, fins rubbing on the housing. While it's off and the truck is down I thought I'd clean the EGR(?) valve. Anything else i should be thinking of?

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
depending on how bad it is, you will want to change your air filter, also take off all of the intake piping and intercooler and wash out any metal bits that may be in there.

ashmass

Cajun in Alaska
Reaction score
I'm still down, the dealer has asked that I send in the drain tube for the turbo, what for who knows. Apparently he cannot send me a new turbo without first inspecting the drain tube. Just wanted to say thanks to those who helped guide me on removing the turbo. I'll let you know when get her running.

ashmass

Cajun in Alaska
Reaction score
Turbo is on, truck runs good. I had to add 2 gallons of oil and I found out where all that oil went, its in the catalytic converter. I'm monitoring to see if the oil level drops again, but right now oil is running out of the cat in a steady stream. In addition, i get code P0266, "cylinder 2 injector circuit contribution/balance fault". So, while the truck is running it seems I've still got issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14