Question 2007 6.0 Check Engine Light On

hulkster

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
A high pitched squeel noise?. two places off the top of my head are. egr valve not seated
properly in the intake. egr cooler to turbo up pipe metal gasket can leak, when it does it's
a high pitch squeel under a heavy engine load that is very annoying.

William La Touf

COBRA 6.0
Reaction score
Hey guys, I got the truck fixed!!! I took it to a Ford dealer of all places. The shop foreman is an engineer and he helped with 6.0 litre PSD design factors. Ted told me on the initial phone call that the turbo would have to come off and tore down and replace a ring on the inside and clean out the carbon and re-install turbo at a cost of $600.00 parts and labor. Ted works at a small ford dealer in Camp Verde, Az which is 75 miles from my house in Glendale, Az. Ted told me I would have to leave the truck for one day so I drove up there with two vehicles. When I got there he plugged in a lap top computer into port under dash and found out the Exhaust Backpressure sensor was showing numbers way off the charts. He cleaned the passage out and put a new sensor on and cleared the codes. That sensor caused three codes to pop up. Now the truck runs like a champ and the cost was a mere $295.00 parts and labor. Thanks to all of you for your input and thanks to Steve Courey Ford and Ted Archer for your great honest service dept.

William La Touf

COBRA 6.0
Reaction score
In regard to the loud squeeling noise, Ted told me it's possible an exhaust manifold is leaking exhaust just enough to cause a loud whistle upon towing a heavy load up high grades. He said '07's have that due to no manifold gaskets installed from the factory and the bolts get a little loose and cause a a gap. Ted said I would have to get gaskets installed to get rid of squeeling....

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In regard to the loud squeeling noise, Ted told me it's possible an exhaust manifold is leaking exhaust just enough to cause a loud whistle upon towing a heavy load up high grades. He said '07's have that due to no manifold gaskets installed from the factory and the bolts get a little loose and cause a a gap. Ted said I would have to get gaskets installed to get rid of squeeling....

Is this another one of Fords better Ideals?:clap:
Doug

jpringle83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I understand none of the light duty trucks came with manifold gaskets. Most of them never leak don't know how that works it must be due to the thickness of the flange on the manifold and extreme cylinder heat. My '05 didn't have gaskets either and only started to have a leak after I pulled the driver side manifold to install my thermocouple for the pyro gauge. They fixed it by installing a gasket, however a good friend of mine that was a dealer tech told me the correct way of fixing a leaking manifold was to replace it. The gasket is a bandaid for a slightly warped flange.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58