2008 F250 lifted + 5er

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
Looking at getting a 2008 F250 4x4 and getting a 5th wheel toy hauler; Weekend Warrior SL2805 or SL3005 are at the top of my list they are pretty light with a GVWR of about 10,400#. My question is how much can i lift the truck and still be able to tow the 5th wheel?

-Mike

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On most Fifth Wheels your bed don't need to be over 58 to 59 in high.
So keep that in mind when you start to lift your truck.

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
Yeah i remember somebody saying that in one of my previous threads, but i dont know what stock bed height is. I tried to find the info on Ford's site but it didnt list it. I was hoppnig somebody would translate that into how much of a lift i could get. I dont plan on going extreme, probably a leveling kit or 2-4" at the MAX, i dont want a monster truck.

Also, what load range tire do i need to get?

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try this tire........E or a 10 ply, That's what the truck will come with.

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your bed height stock is about 55" on a F-250 or 57" on a F-350. So, I would do a leveling kit on a 350 or 350 blocks/u-bolts with a leveling kit on a 250. That's all they will take though. You go any higher and you can't pull it anymore.

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, and i will keep that in mind.

*EDIT*

Rustinh1, i just seen pictures of your truck in your other post (its about time you posted pictures :hail ) what is your bed height? You havent done a leveling kit have you? It looks pretty level and the tires are pretty much the same size i was looking at.

Last edited:

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike.

My bed height currently is 55" on the dot. The truck does not have a leveling kit on it at all.

If you are running a factory 20" wheel/tire package, your bed height will be about 1/2" higher than what I stated above as the factory 20" tires measure out to a tad higher than a 34.

-Rusty

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
I was actually thinking about going with an 18" rim and 35" tires. I still need to do some research but i think they will fit, if not your 33" tires look great and may do the same thing. I am glad you went with the Baha MTZ, those wree actually the tires i was looking at going with.

How do you like them so far? how is the road noise?

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine are actually the ATZs and I love them. They are just aggressive enough, but not overdone. They are very quiet on the highway and don't seem to have murdered my mileage numbers too much.

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
For what its worth, you can still pull with a larger lift, they can put a lift on the fiver to compensate for the trucks lift, I've got 8" of lift, heck Mike you've seen my truck, and I went looking at 5'ers last year just for the heck of it, and three different dealerships said they could do it no problems, just $$$, of course they do get a little more top heavy by raising the center of gravity, but it's not bad compared to a 53' reefer trailer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14