2008 F250 lifted + 5er

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my :2c , but the higher you go on the truck and 5er, the worse your fuel mileage will be, especially in a head wind. Also if you get into a high cross wind, it could be difficult to pull. We bought a Forest River Wildcat, because it was set up from the factory to be level with our F350 4x4 Camper package,, (taller) truck. All the other 5ers that we looked at needed to be modified to fit our truck and be level. Our truck is stock,, not lifted.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
For what its worth, you can still pull with a larger lift, they can put a lift on the fiver to compensate for the trucks lift, I've got 8" of lift, heck Mike you've seen my truck, and I went looking at 5'ers last year just for the heck of it, and three different dealerships said they could do it no problems, just $$$, of course they do get a little more top heavy by raising the center of gravity, but it's not bad compared to a 53' reefer trailer.

you forgot an important aspect of lifting the fiver
LOW bridges
I sit at 13'4" now stock on the highest point on my fiver. there aint no feeling like going under a bridge at 70 mph that says 14" but has 4" of fresh asphalt on it :eek: :eek:

mike also weekend warrior just settled a HUGE lawsuit about weights and frame damage

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you forgot an important aspect of lifting the fiver
LOW bridges
I sit at 13'4" now stock on the highest point on my fiver. there aint no feeling like going under a bridge at 70 mph that says 14" but has 4" of fresh asphalt on it :eek: :eek:

mike also weekend warrior just settled a HUGE lawsuit about weights and frame damage

Good call Robert... Our 5er is about the same height as yours. Our radio antenna's height is 14 ft. 7 inches. It is flexible so no problem, unless it gets caught up on something, then rip off it goes.

If you raise the 5er another six inches, it could be trouble.

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
Wow, The one's I looked at, and the one my Dad has were all only 12'6 - 12'10 so 6 more inches isn't a big deal.

And yeah I know the feeling of 4 inches fresh asphault witha 14' sign, and the cab of my Freigtliner Classic XL was right at 13'6", there was one just like
that, that I went through once (very slowly) and my stacks started to scrape a little, I just let the air outta the rear suspension, and kept goin real slow.

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
Like i said before, i am not looking at having a monster truck so i wont be diong anything crazy like a 6-8" lift, i just want a leveling kit or at the most a 2.5" lift kit.

I will also have to keep an eye on the RV height, i just sold me convertable and dont need another one. :roflmao

:(

That sucks, i have heard nothing but great things about them. :dunno

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14