Question 2025 MPG's ?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw on ABC World News last night where the EPA wants an average of 54 Miles Per Gallon for all Cars, Trucks and Suv's.. by 2025 ?

Unless there's some Super Secret R&D going on.. I don't see it, for Trucks and Suv's. If so.. they'd be some Gutless Wonders. Wonder what they'd get, towing anything ? And would they have the Power to do it safely ?

Whadya Think :dunno

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I don't see it happening unless someone pulls their head outta their arse over exhaust emmisions.

The more & more emissions restrictions the EPA forces on vehicles, the less the MPG gets. Just look at the diesel pickups over the last few years. If diesel engines were optimized for MPG instead of emissions, we'd be driving 3/4 & 1 ton trucks getting 25 MPG. But as long as they are putting all that DPF/re-gen/urea crap on them, it'll never happen.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
one word
HYDROGEN
power the engines with this and you need no restrictive exhaust after treatments

seriously we put tread mills in the back of our trucks to push us down the road, of course we use congressmen and senators to walk the belt :D:D

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Who knows what the govt is keepin from us. We have the technology, just too costly, so they say. Gotta sacrifice somethin but govt wont even do that. Everyone just needs to ride a motorcycle! Other countries do it and I've seen pics of them hauling ALOT on a bike hahaha:lmao

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember those 5 ton, Honda 50's too.. Robert :lmao:lmao

You buy me Honda Pipty.. Ibe yours por eber & eber... ? :lmao:lmao

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
buy me honda, love you long time sailor man :lmao:lmao:lmao

bad part is an awful lot of folks simply will not understand

I hear ya PB. Kindofa Inside thing.. but I betcha there's a few on here, that can Key in....:sly:lmao

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58