203* thermostat...???

Diezel Dawg

vvv Real NW Truck
Reaction score
There really is no benefit with the 203* TStat. I have had mine in for quite some time, maybe 20-30K miles. It did allow for warmer heat in the winters, which i like.

However, while i was being live tuned by Jody Tipton at DPTuner last week, he was watching my coolant and oil temps and my Oil temps were as high as 221-223* which is no good. This will cause your engine oil to break down much sooner. Oil temps shouldnt be any higher than 210*/. When i get back from Colorado Springs at the end of May, a stock 195* thermostat is going back in my truck.

oh and i didnt see any increase in mileage

LonestarBronco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My exhaust smells better. That is the biggest improvement I have noticed. A little smoother when fully warm for sure, but the big rig smell is the real gain :sweet

dogtrk

Pat
Reaction score
Me 3. Had the 203* in for over 100K. Wouldn't be without it. Simply runs better with it. NO big claims.. just runs better.
I have a "real" temp gauge, along with the OEM thing. I see temps change from about 195+ to 205, or so .. as loads are put on the engine.. The OEM thing doesn't move.. At All, Ever.
A Warm(er) internal combustion engine runs better Warm(er), IMO. :dunno
Joe
(The competitive motor sports guys run their engines Warmer... Hmmm, wasup with that ?)

I have to agree with Joe. I've had the 203 in my Diesel for about 2.5 yrs. now; warms up the engine a lot quicker and seems to run smoother. I'm not mechanic but the guy that works on my truck said he definitely saw a difference with the 203. JMHO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58