2K Ex broke down Near Austin- Turbo O Rings

dpantazis

Reaction score
My buddy is down in the Austin area, actually he's closer to Lakeway, 4 miles from the the Mansfield dam.

He is driving a 2000 Excursion, oil leak on the back of the valley, underside of truck covered in oil. We think the turbo pedestal O-rings are shot. He has no tools or equipment with him.

Can anyone help him find a mechanic to fix it?

He is going to be moving down there soon too, so establishing a relationship is good too.

Please post info here or PM me and I will get it to him (I have been after him to join up here, maybe he will finally do it now).

Thanks in advance!

dennis

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I haven't seen any turbo ped O-rings gush but HPOP O-rings is a yes,I have experience with those in July 2006 :doh:

I'll chime a couple friends down that way.

dpantazis

Reaction score
bill-

thanks! you were the first one i thought of, and tried to skype you.

if you can steer him in the right direction of someone who can fix it for him i'/d really appreciate it.

dennis

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I wish'd I known some repair shops down in that area as I'd post em on up,if I was abit closer down that way and it was HPOP O-rings I can knock em out pretty fast.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
David Lotts place maybe....................???

Tbar

dpantazis

Reaction score
Big Rooster- can you post up a contact and number?

Anyone else? I know most of you are also on NTPSA. is there a southern or central TPSA?

thanks again

dennis

rvassar

Refugee from California
Reaction score
Seeking Political Assylum in Central Texas!
I'm closer, but I'm afraid I'm not going to be much use. I have had the turbo pedestal go one me. Ours was part of the original 2001 casting defect recall. As I remember it, it dumped more oil into the intercooler than down the back of the engine. The dealer didn't fix it correctly, and we ended up with an oil leak down the back of the bell housing. It was a drip at best, but that was probably more the nature of their error. I don't know if the recall included the 2k models. I know it cutoff sometime in 2001, but ours was an early build, and was included.

Anyhow... All my diesel troubles went away when I moved to Texas. So I've only had to visit the dealer.

northshore

Northshore
Reaction score
try contacting Malone Diesel in Dripping Springs TX , 3040 hyw 290 West
512 858 2132.
I have heard lots of good things about them, kind of pricey but good work, but I've never been there myself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14