2nd belt 14000 miles 06 6.0

dieselpilot

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
What about you other guys with the problem? Wide tires or snow plowing? Anything over factory weight on the front end?
In the case of my buddies truck, his is a completely stock Harley. However, the dealer did change one of the pullies and so far so good. It was several months ago so I don't recall which pully was changed.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
I replaced my belt @ 100,000 on my 04 for piece of mind. The replacement has 70,000 on it and still looks good. If your going thru these things at 12,000 mile intervals, somethings real wrong. I'd call Ford and :cussing: up a storm.

jwaring

Jim
Reaction score
Each time they put a new belt on, I get about 2,000 miles out of it and then it starts making some noise again. Once the motor warms, it goes away but its a persistant chirp for about 10-15 miles.

Kleetus-
I have only driven it about 300 miles on the factory tires- The dealer installed the lift and bigger tires right after I bought it so I'm not sure. I don't feel any resistance in the wheel like the PS pump is working overtime.

dieselpilot-
If you get the chance, would you mind asking your buddy what pulley they changed on his truck?

Last edited:

dieselpilot

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The dealer changed the power steering pump pulley. Its been several thousand miles since and the noise (chirping) hasn't returned.

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, it sounds like you got things under control then, eh? Good deal, maybe one of the shivs was a little out of shape or damaged from a rock or something?

I might be working on a pump or something myself... I've noticed on more than one occasion now that I've been able to get ahead of the PS pump on some parking maneuvers... which scares me at 25k... anyone else see this?

jwaring

Jim
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply dieselpilot! I'll have them check that.

Kleetus- with the tires I have on, sometimes it feels like I loose PS in parking lots. Specifically if I'm turning the wheel on a rough surface without rolling at all. If I'm rolling (even slightly) there isn't a problem. I figured it was the big tires.

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah I'm seeing it with the stock 17's and rolling at parking speeds.... it's like it bumps, then starts catching up...

jwaring

Jim
Reaction score
Just an update on my belt issue-
Ford just released this bulletin on the matter:

Updated: 4-14-06
Belt Noise/Chirp/Squeal on Cold Start-up:

This concern is currently under investigation. Verify that the belt is not frayed and is tracking true, and there are no obvious pulley concerns. If no problems are found, do not attempt a repair at this time. Broadcast Message 7055.

6.0 PowerStroke bulletins

The word I got from the dealer is that they are "investigating" the issue and will call me when they hear from Ford. Sounds like the PS pump is a likely culprit but I'm going to wait a few more weeks while they do their "job"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58